Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #1

Broken kitchen drawer in 2011 Salem T26FKS

So, the front wall of the trailer where the largest kitchen drawer is (was) attached is at about a 30 to 40 degree angle (I'm guessing). FR put four screws into a single stud through a 1/4 inch little pressboard piece about 4x4 inches wide. To that they sapled a small wedge and then stapled another 1/4 pressboard, about as wide as the drawer, to the little wedge. To THAT they stapled the same size pressboard (standing up on the long end) to which the drawer glides were then attached. Of course the staples pulled out of that last piece and the plastic guides broke.

Since it's a cheesy set up to start out with, I was wondering:

1. Has anyone elses had to fix this problem?
2. Does anyone know what is inside that front wall so I don't drill into electrical or something?

We are overall very disappointed in the quality of the manufacturing in this trailer. Especially the cabinetry and drawers. We do appreciate all the warranty repairs Forest River took care of, but there just were so many! And of course the drawers are not covered any longer. Help!
ProdigalSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:32 AM   #2

Poor workmanship

I recently had 2 drawers repaired and 10 cabinet doors replaced. Draws were falling down because slides were stapled, and doors all separated at joints. Really disgusted me with this purchase.