Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2022, 05:09 PM   #1

Check your refrigerator vent on the roof....

2020 Cruise Lite 263BHXL, purchased new Oct 2019. It spent one season out and has been under an RV carport ever since. Getting ready for the summer, I was checking roof penetrations to see if anything need some sealant touch up before wash down. When I got to the fridge vent, I found that both the left and right side base flanges where lifted 3/8" and I could see through the opening. Further inspection revealed that the factory only installed 4 of the 16 screws (4 corners) that hold the vent base down. Since the screws where missing, the base flanges warped and lifted. The sealant did not overlap the side flanges at all. They missed. Just front and back flange surfaces were covered. The 4 screws had actually pulled through the plastic, so just the sealant was holding the whole thing down. This was a total factory screw up. I don't have the extended warranty, so factory said I was SOL. Thanks FR.
Happycamper56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 05:27 PM   #2

Bummer Good that you found the problem before it got worse.
flyflotrtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 06:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyflotrtim View Post
Bummer Good that you found the problem before it got worse.
Thanks, yeah, it could have been bad to get hit my a downpour in the Sierras. I got the base off today and am looking for what works to remove the old sealant residue. What a can of worms. Acetone, no acetone, mineral sprits, no mineral sprits, denatured alcohol, no denatured alcohol. No consensus to be found. Looks like I have the TPO membrane.
Happycamper56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check, refrigerator, roo, roof, vent