Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2012, 07:41 AM   #1

First voyage completed!

Well, this past Saturday night saw the Salem's first overnight usage. It was a good test for me, the truck, the Equalizer, and the Salem itself. The drive to the off-road park (70 miles) was extremely windy. The TT felt like a sail, and I was thanking my stars that I had the Equalizer installed last month. It was so windy, the spare tire cover blew off on the Interstate! The TT performed well, the only issue was that the battery voltage dropped down so low by the morning that the furnace stopped igniting (that was a bummer) but it was still warmer than being outside in a tent! Also the wind caught the door at one point, blew it open so hard that it broke the little plastic hook that holds the door open when you want it open. So that's a trip to the part dept to replace that, I guess. Overall it went well but we definitely need more amp hours if we're going to be dry camping like that (or just spring for the quiet genny!) I also wound up with several bunk mates who brought their tents and then were like "hey, is there room for me to sleep on the floor in there?" The couch, the dinette, and the floor suddenly transformed into sleeping areas! Hahaha!!!
2019 Honda CRV (camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote