Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ida Ratherbe Camping View Post
Or a tire goes flat during the night.
that would be reason enough not to do it.......perhaps ill move the mounting pins to the frame rail where is the only place recommended to put a stabilizer buy Forrest river.
wilem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #22

well to day it is antenna function and sink insert day. I usually dont think about these until i am camping but the last trip i made a list. so today so far i have made an insert out of plexi glass. i wanted to use the white nylon cutting board but got tired of searching for one big enough to do it in one piece. I simply laid the plexi over the openig drew on it with a sharpie using a yard stick to keep the lines straight and cut it out and polished the edges down with 500 grit sand paper. i must admit this was much easier than making an airplane canopy. :-)

the final product is so clear i think i may etch a design in it to make it more visible.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #23
Always Learning

That looks pretty snazzy! How thick of plexiglass did you use?
Old 10-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
That looks pretty snazzy! How thick of plexiglass did you use?
Thanks,

1/4 inch..got it from lowes. 18.00. cut it out with the band saw and edged with the belt sander and then DA sanded to 500 grit.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #25
Carknocker Family

Sink cover looks great! How you come out on the antenna?
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ida Ratherbe Camping View Post
Sink cover looks great! How you come out on the antenna?
Hey Ida,
I removed the TV booster panel and three cables going into the booster side and one on the Sat/aux side. with the grey one being the rear i swapped the remaing two.

I tried one time to do an auto channel search and it produced yet no channels. I then disconnected the rear (second TV) outlet to determine the coax color and it was grey with blue writing on it, the cable in from the side of the camper for park hook up was white as best i could tell in the wardrobe. which as you can see has an improved set up i added for holding the drawers in that broke loose and fell down upon shipment to my house. They actually have that assembled with staples from bottom to top in a vertical method. I feel certain many more people will experience the drawers falling down in the bottom of the wardrobe cabinet.

It is becoming painfully obvious to me that the engineering in these campers was thought up by some small child in a third world country. i can not for the life of me believe how many things are wrong with a brand new camper that lists for 30,000+$ it is quite pathetic. None the less i guess it is what they get away with in this industry. I have fixed most all of the issues and soon will have a decent camper. I hooked up the TV straight to the cable I deduced to be the antenna cable and the TV worked I then swapped the orange and white cables and did a channel learn and voila, i had 12 channels. Thanks for the tip about the cables being swapped, I am sure it saved me some time. Now they are wired correctly and one less item on my hit list.

I guess it explains why when i used this for the first time the only way to get the park hook up to work was by connecting the cable to the satellite connector. which its labeling is vague to say the least, I guess the pinout corresponds to the decal.

I hate to be bashing Forest River but it is quite embarrassing when others in the camping hobby have so many of the same problems.. It seems to me FR needs to really step up quality Control. This is pathetic.
1. tank vent not even on by one full turn
2. the toilet has a known defect that is an internal leak. But i hear they are stepping up with a new toilet. I hope they promptly send me one out.
3. TV coax connectors hooked up incorrectly and only on by a turn or two.
4. A whole gray water tank for a tiny outdoor sink.
5. a window that popped out of the main slide out on the second trip.
6. Drawers broken and fell down from a delivery trip.
No sink cover, stove covers, TVs or fold out table, spare tire or ladder like on so many similar models I've seen. But maybe those are not normally included. All that aside i love my camper. How bad is that?

i cant keep fixing stuff for forest river, they are just about to go past my good will limit
Old 10-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilem

Hey Ida,
I removed the TV booster panel and three cables going into the booster side and one on the Sat/aux side. with the grey one being the rear i swapped the remaing two.

I tried one time to do an auto channel search and it produced yet no channels. I then disconnected the rear (second TV) outlet to determine the coax color and it was grey with blue writing on it, the cable in from the side of the camper for park hook up was white as best i could tell in the wardrobe. which as you can see has an improved set up i added for holding the drawers in that broke loose and fell down upon shipment to my house. They actually have that assembled with staples from bottom to top in a vertical method. I feel certain many more people will experience the drawers falling down in the bottom of the wardrobe cabinet.

It is becoming painfully obvious to me that the engineering in these campers was thought up by some small child in a third world country. i can not for the life of me believe how many things are wrong with a brand new camper that lists for 30,000+$ it is quite pathetic. None the less i guess it is what they get away with in this industry. I have fixed most all of the issues and soon will have a decent camper. I hooked up the TV straight to the cable I deduced to be the antenna cable and the TV worked I then swapped the orange and white cables and did a channel learn and voila, i had 12 channels. Thanks for the tip about the cables being swapped, I am sure it saved me some time. Now they are wired correctly and one less item on my hit list.

I guess it explains why when i used this for the first time the only way to get the park hook up to work was by connecting the cable to the satellite connector. which its labeling is vague to say the least, I guess the pinout corresponds to the decal.

I hate to be bashing Forest River but it is quite embarrassing when others in the camping hobby have so many of the same problems.. It seems to me FR needs to really step up quality Control. This is pathetic.
1. tank vent not even on by one full turn
2. the toilet has a known defect that is an internal leak. But i hear they are stepping up with a new toilet. I hope they promptly send me one out.
3. TV coax connectors hooked up incorrectly and only on by a turn or two.
4. A whole gray water tank for a tiny outdoor sink.
5. a window that popped out of the main slide out on the second trip.
6. Drawers broken and fell down from a delivery trip.
No sink cover, stove covers, TVs or fold out table, spare tire or ladder like on so many similar models I've seen. But maybe those are not normally included. All that aside i love my camper. How bad is that?

i cant keep fixing stuff for forest river, they are just about to go past my good will limit
If you have the Dometic model 300 with the internal leak- be sure to call or email them for the recall/free replacement!
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:24 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
If you have the Dometic model 300 with the internal leak- be sure to call or email them for the recall/free replacement!

Oh yeah, its the 300 leak in a box.

I will be in touch with them bright and early monday morning...
Old 10-20-2013, 11:41 PM   #29
Carknocker Family

Glad could help a little on the tv's. Have not had the drawer problem yet.
But mine is the shop right now for a rain water leak coming in over the stove. Gonna have to get the cabinets replaced. Hope to have it back by the 1st of November. We will see.
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Old 10-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #30

It was more than a little help. It was specific and correct. I was just making sure the problem wasn't something else. Their lack of quality astounds me. But I knew what I was getting into. I just thought they would have assembled all the Cheap stuff properly. Ill check my roof very soon. I have been waiting on Carolina carports since August 18 to put up a shed that shouldn't take more than half a day to build. I'm telling you the work force in place today scares me.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:51 AM   #31
Carknocker Family

Dont get me started on the work force. Heres where i am at on the roof. like I said, dont get me started.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...wee-49189.html
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS

Tags
grey water, tank, water, water tank