Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2021, 08:10 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjijr1951 View Post
Yes there are 2 high AMP fuses as in your picture. They have continuity across the poles and 12V at each pole. Yes
You need to check the 12 vdc while pushing the button on the jack to see if it drops. The one thing common to all those is the battery and even though it was load tested I would check if the 12vdc drops at the jack and then at the battery while pushing the switch on the jack. You could simply have a battery terminal problem. Good luck.
dave1650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 11:34 AM   #22

Following
Old 07-11-2021, 03:36 PM   #23

Tiny black button?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Yes, there should be a 12v resettable circuit breaker, with a tiny black reset button, tucked up along the A-frame.
I have two breakers in the front of the hitch underneath the RV, I'm also having an issue with my two slide outs and awning which I believe are on the same circuit. the continuity is working on both breakers 12V. but for the life of me can't still figure out why the slides are not working? is there a mystery breaker or fuses hiding somewhere I dont know about?

314BUD 2021 Salem hemisphere
LeonCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 06:05 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonCh View Post
I have two breakers in the front of the hitch underneath the RV, I'm also having an issue with my two slide outs and awning which I believe are on the same circuit. the continuity is working on both breakers 12V. but for the life of me can't still figure out why the slides are not working? is there a mystery breaker or fuses hiding somewhere I dont know about?

314BUD 2021 Salem hemisphere
Have you tried checking the 12vdc while operating the jack or slides to insure it is not dropping? You could have a connection good enough for the lights but not for high current. Did you disconnect the breakers on the hitch to check continuity? They would be a good place to start checking the voltage while trying to operate the jack or slides. Make sure the voltage does not drop on either side. Hope this helps.
dave1650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 07:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjijr1951 View Post
2015 forest river salem hemisphere lite 272RLIS

Getting ready to depart campsite and found that the jack has no power. On further inspection I found that the slides and awning also have no power. Checked breakers, blade fuses and high AMP fuses and all have continuity.

TIA
I'm in the same boat, I don't see any posts on what fixed it !!
Old 07-12-2021, 08:13 PM   #26
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Follow the 12 volt lead from the battery. It could lead into a series of resettable mini breakers in line to the fuse panel. They have a mini square reset button and if you do, press it. When your on shore power everything 12 volt should work. But when you disconnect shore power that's when the the 12 volt may fail.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 05:16 PM   #27

Funny what happened, I took the panel off under the frig, seen the wires the match the slide out switches, So I jiggled them, lo and behold my slide started working. That tells me bad connection. That’s gonna be another hurdle
Old 07-13-2021, 05:40 PM   #28

Quote:
Funny what happened, I took the panel off under the frig, seen the wires the match the slide out switches, So I jiggled them, lo and behold my slide started working. That tells me bad connection. That’s gonna be another hurdle

Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-13-2021, 06:18 PM   #29
Part-Time Campground Host

Quote:
We always like a good ending. thanks for posting this as many issues that are started, we never get to see the ending! But the ending (solution) is what helps everyone.

Equalizer Hitch w/4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2015(retirement): 1687
cboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 11:03 AM   #30

Quote:

This just proves that the forums can be a great resource. With your follow thru and posting of your findings, I went to my TT and opened the box and guess what? THERE WERE WIRES THAT WERE JUST A TAD LOOSE.
All are tight now and every screw has been turned and I feel good.

Who knows maybe you saved me hours of trouble shooting and misery and I thank you.

The forums work best when peeps post their results and not just fall off when they get the fix.

Thanks again.
Old 07-15-2021, 06:17 PM   #31
MrCat

Battery Power

An RV requires a deep cycle battery, CCA's are good for starting vehicles, where you need a lot of current initially. However, an RV requires a more constant stream of current over a long period of time. If you cannot acquire a deep cycle to test it, it is a good investment. I see know you may have found the problem, all is well that ends well .
Timcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 07:15 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvram View Post
So no 12volt circuit breakers like these, only fuses?
Attachment 258483
I always thought used them on high amp items.
Not withstanding that some things work. Start at the batteries and go under the A-frame. There will be a circuit breaker like the one in the picture above but with a little button on the side or they will be one like the picture above that is supposed to Auto reset, or if your trailer is 15 years old or maybe a huge fuse on the line between the battery and the rest of the coach. I'd be looking along that line first. Often the tongue jack will work because it's wired directly to the batteries, whereas most of the rest of the coach is wired into the panel and the panel gets its power from the batteries.
NO MORE Tricked out
2017 Sandstorm 250 T.H.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 07:57 AM   #33

On my 2015 hemisphere lite there is a 30amp Inline fuse that blew when my Jack's didn't work. It's in the wire loom above the storage door half way between the two jacks.
Dee004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 09:16 PM   #34

Check underneath for a box with a reset button in it.
cscilley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, no power, power, slide