Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2014, 07:40 AM   #1

Hemisphere 272RLIS, anyone have one?

Post number two as a member and hoping someone out there can give me feedback. In the negotiating process right now for a new 272RLIS, will order from the factory with some specifics if the price is right. I am doing this sight unseen and was hoping someone out there either has one or can attest to the Brand as a whole and how you like it/quality/interior/etc.

Side note, the dealer is recommending a Reese Dual Cam system for towing this, good, bad, indifferent?

Cheers,
A/J
army_jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:51 AM   #2

I do like the reese dual cam but you can buy it on amazon for about $500. Dealer usually wants $1000. If you do get it on amazon you have to order the shank separate. Curt shank is cheaper but works fine.
mdean008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:28 AM   #3

I have the 286RLT 2013. Been very happy with the quality and the materials used. I did have the Dometic 300 toilet to swap out under waranty and the single nail clamps holding the waterlines work loose and cause water line vibration during use in the basement. Can't wait for the snow to be gone and start using again. Good luck.

litgrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:58 AM   #4

I think the 272RLIS is a new model, I like the length and weight as I will be towing with a half-ton for the first year or two, but it still seems fairly roomy for two plus a couple of pooches. Appreciate the feedback, seems like a good quality brand so here's to rolling the dice, ha ha.

Cheers, A/J
army_jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:24 AM   #5

2014 Salem Hemisphere 272rlis

We just purchased the 2014 Salem Hemisphere 272rlis this week and took it camping last night for the weekend.

I love it so far except for one thing. THE BATHROOM SINK. Unless I am I am missing something there isn't a way to open and close the stopper.

I am hoping we can replace it.

We are using the Equal-I-zer Hitch with 4point Sway.

j byr
byrjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:46 PM   #6

It should have a plastic stopper , same color as the sink, that came with it. It is a seperate piece. About 3 inches long that fits down in the drain.

litgrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:16 PM   #7

Hemisphere 272RLIS, anyone have one?

We bought a 272 RLIS and took it out on its first trip last weekend. It pulled great with our F250 PU, and is very comfortable. We enjoyed watching a rain wind storm from the comfortable lounge chairs. One item that concerns us though is there is minimal heat coming from the two floor vents. Heat is fine in the bed and bath rooms. The dealer is to take a look and hopefully fix this in a couple weeks.
Steve Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote