Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #1

Hemisphere 282RK awning issues

I can open and close the awning using the remote control but the switch on the control panel will not open or close the awning.Any ideas other than replacing the rocker switch on the control panel?
Toxictwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxictwin View Post
I can open and close the awning using the remote control but the switch on the control panel will not open or close the awning.Any ideas other than replacing the rocker switch on the control panel?
Have you pulled the switch to see if a wire came off?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #3

Yes.All 5 wires are securely attached to the the switch.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #4

Did you check the fuse? I had the same issue with the landing gear on my 2013 346QBUD. The switch on the front would not work but the remote would. Turned out to be the fuse. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
dlhigdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #5

I only found 2 fuses in the breaker box and both were good.Is there another fuse location that anyone knows of?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #6

It looks like there are two rows of fuses inside the breaker panel door, two for protecting everything that runs on 12 volt power in case of reversing the battery cables. Then a row for 10 fuses of various amps for everything in the trailer. Half of the are marked 'lights'. Mine doesn't have one marked for the awning. I have no idea where the remote receiver is located. That same remote works for the awning, the slide, both stabilizer jacks AND the patio light. If the remote turns the outside/patio light off, then the control switch panel will not turn it back on. It is not set up like a three-way switch for the patio light. Might it act the same way for the awning?
RasOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #7
Carknocker Family

On my 32BHDS, I had a water leak under the fridge. Loose clamp. Pulled the panel off and found a whole bunch of wiring with inline fuses under there. Your blown fuse may be under there.
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #8

I will check there next time out.I have been told by the dealer that there have been issues with a circuit board controlling the awning. Apparently several tests must be done by the dealer before Forest River will warranty.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxictwin View Post
I will check there next time out.I have been told by the dealer that there have been issues with a circuit board controlling the awning. Apparently several tests must be done by the dealer before Forest River will warranty.
Not what I was hoping to read. We had this same issue tonight...awning stopped working from control panel but thanks to this thread, used remote to roll it in. Hope this is an easy fix and hassle free as we just purchased 2 weeks ago.
indulgentcreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #10

You may want to try calling Lippert customer service and question them on the issues you are having. I called them asking questions about my landing gear switch and remote set up and they excellent to deal with. Very helpful even though they do not do any of the installs for the modules.
dlhigdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by indulgentcreations View Post
Not what I was hoping to read. We had this same issue tonight...awning stopped working from control panel but thanks to this thread, used remote to roll it in. Hope this is an easy fix and hassle free as we just purchased 2 weeks ago.
I called the service department and they said if it works with the remote but not on the panel then it's most likely a bad switch. Told me to bring it in and it would be replaced immediately.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #12

Im having the same trouble on my 356qbq but its all slides witches on that wall and my awning switch. Surely if its 4 switches for me they all didnt go bad at the same time.
RV maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #13

No he did tell me that if it didn't work with any of them it usually is a fuse.