Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2016, 10:55 PM   #41
Go Pack Go!!

A lot of campgrounds still have cable......my folks are in Naples for the winter months in their RV and they get Comcast tv for the local channels and Comcast Internet, then also have two DirecTV HD receivers for all the other programming, since they get most all the channels as part of their package. They cannot get their DirecTV locals down there because they are spot-beamed in WI.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:05 PM   #42
Go Pack Go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaB View Post
we have dish. Really don't understand why the camper is wired for it to only work in the bedroom. How many campgrounds really have cable? I've never seen one.

To answer your question.....after receiving the camper, I re-wired all the TV locations with HDMI cable also using HDMI Splitters to accommodate my 2+ room DirecTV system last summer. I did have to do a little fishing (I am certified electrician), so it took some extra work and materials. I moved the wall plate amplifier from the master bedroom to the ET center in living room and a bunch of their adjustments. It took a lot of work to do what I wanted, and would probably cost around $2K if I had a dealer do it......if they could follow how anal I am about some of this stuff to make it work.

Tags
salem