Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2019, 12:23 PM   #1

Ladder install

Is it possible to have a ladder installed so it's easier to access my roof? It did not come with one so I would assume that the wall would have to be reinforced from the factory so Im not sure if it's possible to have one installed now. Thanks in advance for any input. I have a 2019 Hemisphere 300bh.
HemiHemi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:12 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiHemi19 View Post
Is it possible to have a ladder installed so it's easier to access my roof? It did not come with one so I would assume that the wall would have to be reinforced from the factory so Im not sure if it's possible to have one installed now. Thanks in advance for any input. I have a 2019 Hemisphere 300bh.

That would be correct. But, maybe a call or email to FR Hemisphere division would get you an answer as to if their are "backers" automatically built in to the rear wall.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 09:48 PM   #3

Ok thank you. I will reach out to them on Monday and post the response in case anyone had the same question with a similar model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
That would be correct. But, maybe a call or email to FR Hemisphere division would get you an answer as to if their are "backers" automatically built in to the rear wall.
HemiHemi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 10:55 AM   #4
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Our 282RK didn't come with a ladder either -- wish I had asked about that when we bought it.

BUT -- I got this bracing diagram which is in place in the rear wall, because when they start building these things en masse, they don't know if it will have a ladder or not, so the bracing is there. Just like a car that you can add different packages to -- the wiring harness is already there to accommodate the accessories, even if you don't opt for the accessory.

282RK_rear wall diagram.pdf
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 06:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxcamper View Post
Our 282RK didn't come with a ladder either -- wish I had asked about that when we bought it.

BUT -- I got this bracing diagram which is in place in the rear wall, because when they start building these things en masse, they don't know if it will have a ladder or not, so the bracing is there. Just like a car that you can add different packages to -- the wiring harness is already there to accommodate the accessories, even if you don't opt for the accessory.

Attachment 221662
I realize that diagram is from 2014, I have a 2018/9. The diagram appears to be from the front looking at the back. My ladder is on the right side if you are looking at the back from outside.
Old 03-16-2020, 08:07 AM   #6
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

That is correct, it is looking from the inside, facing the rear.
So the ladder bracing is on the right side of the back wall if you were outside looking at the rear.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
Old 03-16-2020, 08:41 AM   #7

Something you might consider instead of a fixed ladder is one of collapsable ladders that way you could access your roof at various locations without have to walk across the entire roof to get from back to front. If my rig had not come with a ladder I would not get one installed.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 11:31 AM   #8
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

I used a lightweight aluminum extension ladder for a couple years (I didn't opt for the factory installed ladder at time of purchase). As I got older, and sometimes by myself, climbing up the extension ladder (and more importantly coming down) there wasn't anyone to support the ladder and I was always getting very nervous about it slipping out from under me.

lesson learned for me, next time, make sure there's a ladder installed.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade