Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2017, 01:34 PM   #1

Low Point Drains?

I just picked up my brand new 2017 Salem Hemisphere 29 BHHL. During the PDI the dealer said the unit has no low point drains.

This seems very odd to me. I am just curious if anyone else has this unit and can confirm that in fact there are no low point drains.

Thanks.
NickeytheNoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:50 PM   #2
Site Team

I don't own a Salem but I don't know of any modern RVS that doesn't have low point drains.
Except popups.

Personally I wouldn't take anything a dealer says as fact.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:02 PM   #3

Just thought I would post an update if anyone else has this model TT. I sent an e mail to Forest River asking where the low point drains were on this model and received this reply:

"Thanks for contacting Forest River / Salem customer service. Sorry for the delay in responding! The three places that the trailer could be drained are, , are Red/Blue (hot/cold) lines that are capped off – located near the wheel wells, on the “outside of the steel beam” There is also a “fresh water drain line” that will be more centrally located-line coming through the underbelly is typically, “valved” for that one & a second hose right next to it is simply an “overflow/vent line”. The third point would simply be the plug on the bottom of the water heater, to drain it. I hope this helps- Thanks!

Respectfully,"

I have crawled under every inch of my trailer and there are no low point drains coming out of the enclosed underbelly.This isn't my first TT so I know what to look for. Maybe there really are no low point drains.

If the snow ever melts I will de winterize it and see what happens.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:10 PM   #4

the underbelly is one of the first things they put on at the first or second station. Maybe someone forgot to drill through the underbelly to extend them down? Hidden above underbelly?

And there has to be a fresh water tank drain somewhere under there?
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:23 PM   #5

Yes, the fresh water tank drain is there along with a vent and overflow tube, it's the hot and cold low points that aren't.

You may be right, they could very well be covered by the under belly. I could cut an access panel and have a look.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:36 PM   #6

I couldn't find mine at first. Have the same tt. Looked just behind the passenger side wheels up behind the metal skirting. I over looked it multiple times.

2006 Chevrolet 2500 Duramax with some added power / 2017 Salem Hemisphere 29BHHL
cburchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:56 AM   #7

Thanks churchel I will look for them there.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:12 AM   #8

It's there.

2006 Chevrolet 2500 Duramax with some added power / 2017 Salem Hemisphere 29BHHL
cburchel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain