Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2008, 10:05 PM   #21

Oh man! just when i thought my decision was final, went into dealer, looked at trailer again and paperwork and figured lets just get it done,
i have looked all over my city for trailers, on kijiji which is a bunch of scammers, selling supposed trailers for $10K less, and trying to rip me off, now i am looking more in RV wholesalers, looks like it isn`t too hard to buy from them, and import to Canada. Save about 35%, found post on RV open forum, from person in my province purchasing an importing.
All you OH buyers could sell your used trailers up here for more than you orginally paid for them.
Crap, another night of decision.... Do I plan a trip to OH, worth the gas! on our gasguzzling Hemi, more calculations
I am tired, can`t wait to go camping!!
partyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #22

aintgotnun, i feel for you, we just lost our beloved pooch, Buddy Jan 94 - June 08 miss him also. Would be hard to replace.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:25 AM   #23

RVW does deliver too...just not sure if they deliver to Canada.

Good luck, it is worth saving many thousands of $$ to spend an extra bit of time doing good research. If you pay way to high, you can never trade up (and we all keep trading up ). Plus, if you did, you'd take another bath.
HookupAndGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:49 AM   #24
Site Team

Just remember, Once all this is over you won't have that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach wondering if you have done all you could have done. You'll know you that you did and got the best price you could have.

While there are those that argue for buying from your local dealer (and I agree to a certain extent) the deal has to be reasonable and fair.

Good luck with your purchase and let us know how much fun you're having once you get it.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:11 AM   #25

We had great luck with http://www.lakeshore-rv.com/ Jim Logan was the guy we dealt with. Friendly and a good deal. Delevery was included up to 500 miles. At the time he told me they were selling lots of campers to Canadians.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:33 PM   #26

Thanks to all,
however logistics of us planning a trip to OH at this time of year are too much, school, work, family wedding etc. + we were looking at $15K to spend, looking for used, although the $$ would be a great deal for about 3K more, brand new we would end up spending more than we can, being self employed we can't take anymore time off this summer, I should have gotten on this site earlier, but until i went to dealer didn't really know what brand to purchase, so didn't get all this wonderful advice,
In this market, this is what trailers are going for so hopefully when we go to sell we can recoup some $$. 1999 trailers are going for $10K and most without all the options we will have.
It kills me to think I should have been on this site earlier to budget and plan. Lesson learned, and will use the info I have received and researched to purchase car down south, in the future.
I am OK with the fact I am now going to be the proud owner of an overpriced Salem, supply and demand economics.
We are quite excited to get it in the driveway,

Thanks to all, looking forward to your advice in the future

Christine
Old 08-13-2008, 09:56 PM   #27

We ordered our new FR Georgetown 378 through RVdirect.com and have found the experience to be very good. I believe they also sell the trailers. You can get a quote online by just selecting what you want.

Even paying a $3300 delivery charge to have our rig brought out to Washington from Indiana the rig was still $17,000 less than our local dealer who treated me like I was buying a used Hyundai not a $100,000 RV. I walked out of their showroom (Poulsbo RV) and vowed I would never go back.

Take a look at RVdirect. Our rig will roll of the line tomorrow and head to the paint shop for full body paint. We should have it by the end of the month. Really looking forward to it.
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:48 AM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyof5 View Post
Thanks to all,
I am OK with the fact I am now going to be the proud owner of an overpriced Salem

We are quite excited to get it in the driveway,

Thanks to all, looking forward to your advice in the future

Christine
Christine, as long as you and yours are happy with the unit, it doesn't matter what you paid, and it certainly doesn't matter what "I" think you should have paid. I'm very happy for you and don't worry.

Hey, at least the advice you get here is free and worth every penny you pay for it.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:00 AM   #29

Remember we all want the best price we can get. But the fun is priceless that we have with our family s. I paid to much for our unit but I love it and it has served us well. So if you are comfortable with your price and want it go for it. But if you decide to come to Ohio. It is a nice state and there are a lot of opportunities to camp on your return trip. So make a vacation of it and enjoy.
fourwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:54 AM   #30

You guys are all awesome, can't wait to become a Salem owner, just to be official part of the group.

Christine
Canadian buyer of overpriced trailer (but whatever...) we will enjoy it to the max!
Old 08-14-2008, 10:24 PM   #31
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
If you feel it was a good deal...it was! That's the way I look at things.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:49 AM   #32

Christine Good luck with your new purchase.Camping is fun no matter what you`re camping in we all wish you many good camping trips and a ton of good memories. Have fun and enjoy it and welcome to the forums
Old 08-19-2008, 04:17 AM   #33

Hey Christine,

If you haven't made the purchase yet, you might wanna check this: http://www.couchsrvnation.com/intern...sales-p303.asp

They ship to Canada often and it might save you some $$$ as it did me. If you already made your purchase...nevermind and have fun !!

2006 Avalanche 1500 w/6" lift
2007 Suburban 2500 4x4 w/4" lift
2008 Salem 26TBSS
P3 Controller
4 lil' ones & a Hottie for a wife
TravelSoftballDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salem