Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2019, 05:57 PM   #1

No AM radio antenna 2017 Salem RKSS

Anyone agree with this. Bought new 2017 Salem 2017 RKSS spring 2017.
Went on first camping trip in May, 2017. Setup, got the chairs and soda/beer out to sit out and listen to the Brewers baseball game on the two outside speakers. No reception, could not tune in game on built in AM/FM radio.
Contacted Forest River and was told that I have no AM antenna on my trailer. Does that sound right for a $30000 MSRP travel trailer? This sounds like Forest River cuts corners a bit too far.
huskylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:02 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskylover View Post
Anyone agree with this. Bought new 2017 Salem 2017 RKSS spring 2017.
Went on first camping trip in May, 2017. Setup, got the chairs and soda/beer out to sit out and listen to the Brewers baseball game on the two outside speakers. No reception, could not tune in game on built in AM/FM radio.
Contacted Forest River and was told that I have no AM antenna on my trailer. Does that sound right for a $30000 MSRP travel trailer? This sounds like Forest River cuts corners a bit too far.
That stinks. I haven't tried AM Radio, but when I did try FM on my 32bhds I couldn't pull,in any stations at all. Then I realized that maybe the antenna was connected to the TV Antenna. After I raised the TV Antenna I started to here stations.
Not sure if you tried that or not, but it's worth a try.
Jammer3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 02:25 PM   #3

We have a 2018 RKSS. Our antenna doesn't raise but we have to turn on the amplifier to get reception for FM and AM radio. There is a button on the wall plate where you hook coax cable to. When pushed in a green lite beside it comes on. Without it on we could only get a couple really close radio stations. Once on we could get the same stations we received in the truck.
jhogue46140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:56 PM   #4
D W

My radio is connected to the Winegard antenna as well.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, radio, salem