Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2019, 01:42 AM   #1

Parts Help for 2018 FR camper

Looking for parts for a FR 27REI 2018

1-Main slide upper seal
1-Shower hand held
1-Rubber Roof material full roof if possible
Slide underside rain stops for towing in rain maybe for both slides
1-Toilet flush valve
2-Awning wire covers maybe aftermarket something that fits
2-Tubes window sealer
4-Front window screws stainless preferred originals are rusted already
Some kind of glue to stick shower pan down to floor maybe a spray glue

Look forward to using our new camper but have to find a few things first any help would be appreciated, Thanks so much in advance
Granite State Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:48 PM   #2

Any help please on seals for our camper, toilet valve, awning electrical covers. We want to pull it home and afraid if the road is wet or if it rains while towing everything will get ruined inside. water comes up real bad from the road we haven't dared to pull it home from the first time we moved it. Its 4 hours away. 2018 27REI Salem Thanks in advance for any help not sure if we should try and enclose the entire bottom of the camper with sheets of aluminum? has anyone done this, Thanks
Old 10-01-2019, 09:27 PM   #3

I'm not quite sure where to start but I'll try a couple things.
We got the Oxygenics Fury shower head replacement from Camping World when on sale but you can find many other replacements on Amazon.
Search Dometic toilet valve on Amazon, there are many to fit their toilets on there.
I believe Geocel ProFlex clear is a good sealant for around windows.
I would try to get the top slide seal from my dealer but others here may know a source.
I must say that I'm at a loss why you would need anything under camper to pull it in the rain. Did you have actual water intrusion somewhere? I've pulled many different campers and never had any problems with water from the tires giving me problems.
Awning wire covers?? Not sure what you are talking about there. All this from a 2018 camper kind of has me perplexed. Don't know if any of this helps but good luck with your endeavor.
Happy Camping!
tonyz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:53 PM   #4

Thanks Tony, yes water comes up in the front corner of main slide and goes all the way across the camper to the refrigerator side slide, leaves dirt and water everywhere, the awning wire covers are a u shaped plastic that spear to be made to wide and they force them into channel and try holding them in with silicone, they fall out and expose all the wires. I own a sheet metal shop and will prob start fixing everything myself, I may try and make an entire underside belly pan to stop any other water from pulling camper down the road. What supplier has seals for slides I need to replace the main slide seal and somehow it must come in two pieces as staples are pulled out of the camper and appear to be stapled from inside of the seal.
Also anyone deal with roof wrinkles, I got on ladder and could also feel sharp objects on the edges trying to come up through the roof, not sure if its plywood that was cut with circular saw and maybe left splinters, just a matter a time im sure and I will find out, Thanks for any help and tips
Old 10-02-2019, 08:39 AM   #5

Ok, I understand the awning covers now. Those would probably have to come from Dometic, but sounds like you all ready have an idea on those.
Sorry to hear about your water problems. Not trying to be smart, but are you sure sliee is closing tightly against seal? Just a problem that I've not experienced on any of our campers. I do like the idea of some kind of metalic fender wells. Been thinking of those myself, just in case of a tire blowout.
Regarding the slide seal, I would check with a local dealer or maybe Forest River directly. Sorry can't be of more help. Happy camping.
Happy Camping!
tonyz1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, parts