Old 03-27-2020, 10:27 PM   #1

Prewired King Wifi

Ok everyone...I see that my Camper is prewired for King Wifi, but there are no instructions as to if there is an antenna at the other end of the wire. Where does the other end, end up at? Does that (prewired) mean that all I have to do is get a router/repeater and hook it up? What or where is the wiring diagram for the prewired wires... It almost doesn't make sense. I saw a link to the King products, but it showed very little info about "how" to use it. I get it that the camper already has wires (hence Prewired) in it for wifi, but am I missing something? Any and all info would be phenomenal right now..

ScoobyDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:36 AM   #2

I was also was trying to figure that out. I believe all it means is there is a wire run from the roof to the wall plate marked in the camper.

You would need to purchase something like the "king swift ks1000". If you search that you will see it comes with a router and an external antenna. If you notice the router has a larger third antenna. That third antenna is for connecting to a wifi network (like a public campground network). The router then uses the other two antennas to serve your own private wifi network for inside your camper while using the campground network as the "internet" connection. To get a better connection to the campground network you can remove the larger third antenna from that router connect it to the cable included with your campers "prewired wifi". I believe the other end of that wire is in the bottom part of the TV antenna on the roof on my camper. You can then mount the external antenna included with the "king swift ks1000" kit to the roof and connect it to the cable hidden under the tv antenna.

your device <---yourwifi---> king router <---cable that is the "prewire" ---> antenna mounted to roof <---campgroundwifi---> internet

The idea is you can get a better connection to campground wifi with an antenna on your roof and your devices get a better connection to your own wireless inside the camper. It also means the wifi prep is essentially just a cable that is run from that wall plate to the roof.

Generally the wifi in most campgrounds are poor and you might be better off with a cellular hotspot.

backyardbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 03:51 PM   #3

Here is a shot of the base of my antenna. It looks like the oem prewire enclosure.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200408_151132.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	226507
backyardbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wifi