Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2021, 12:16 PM   #1

Rear bumper

I'm new here and I don't know if anybody has asked this but I have a Salem 22RBS it's Me Too! RBS and it's wondering how much weight can I put on the rear bumper thank you
nachgo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 04:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachgo1 View Post
I'm new here and I don't know if anybody has asked this but I have a Salem 22RBS it's Me Too! RBS and it's wondering how much weight can I put on the rear bumper thank you

None! Except the spare tire & only if it was already mounted there from the manufacturer. There may even be a warning/disclaimer label on it somewhere warning against attaching anything to the bumper because it will void the warranty.

Now, that being said, there are others that have attached all kinds of "stuff" to the bumper some with years of trouble free travel and others where the bumper welds have let go. If you're out of warranty, you cold have a good reputable welding fabricator reinforce & brace the bumper based on what you intend to mount to it.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 04:24 PM   #3

I asked my dealer to add a bumper mounted hitch, they were out of stock buy went ahead and added the additional bumper support clips, bolted to frame, and told me were to pick one up in stock. They told me it would support 3-500 lbs, I lean to less than 100 lbs. I moved the spare to the front storage to balance the weight back out. I also converted the spare tire holder into a drag/dump tank carrier munt. Pulls good so far.