Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2017, 02:24 PM   #1

Remote Control Problems - Salem 27RKSS

We have a new 2017 Salem 27RKSS and made the mistake of using the wireless remote controller (Lippert Componets, Inc) to turn on the LED light strip. Our salesperson told us we should probably not use it because several customers have had issues with them not working properly.

Now we cannot get the light strip to come on at all! We have tried using the control panel, the LED light strip remote and the wireless remote.

Any suggestions? We are full-timers and it is hard to get it to the shop for this fix. Thanks for your help
jenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:43 PM   #2
Who Dares, Wins

I am not familiar so bear with me...

Is it a single remote only used to power the awning lights? If not can other things be controlled and if so do THEY work?

If it is a single controller for the lights, when is the last time you changed the battery? Does it need to point at a specific point in the trailer to work? (IR) or is it radio controlled and works from anywhere? My remote (for my led lights) battery dies just from sitting all winter. Uses a CR2025 battery, but that is mine. Another test if it is an IR remote is if you have a smart phone with camera. Point the end of the remote )IR bulb looking thing) at the phone camera and press buttons. You will many times be able to see the dimmly flashing IR light in the phones screen flashing.

If the battery is good and you know if was pointing where it needs to be to work. Are you SURE the lights ACTUALLY still work. Check fuses, breakers if 120 only. Can the lights be turned on any other way to confirm functioning?

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:46 AM   #3

We have had a similar problem. Found that you have to point the remote to the sensor that isin the wall near the upper right hand corner of the awning. Took me a few times to get it to work.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:49 PM   #4

If that doesn't work find the modem and check for a blown fuse. Note, it's not in the fuse panel.
Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 gas
Sailor Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:43 AM   #5

As mentioned before, try aiming the remote directly at the sensor on the right end of the light strip. We just recently purchased a 2017 31KQBTS, and our salesman told us it was set up like that so neighboring units wouldn't control each other's lights. Sounds like it was a problem in earlier models.
bobs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:39 AM   #6
Who Dares, Wins

OP has never been back on since posting this.. So they either moved on or solved their issues.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 04-15-2017, 07:54 AM   #7
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Did you get it to work yet? An hour to 82 RK if you turn the awning lights on with the remote you have to turn them off with the remote. If you turn them on with the remote the inside light switch does not work. Seems a little goofy to me but that's the way it is
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:19 PM   #8
Who Dares, Wins

They have never been back on since they posted the question.

2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 04-24-2017, 02:57 PM   #9
CRS

Just an FYI....Lippert hosts an app for your smart phone called LCI. If I remember correctly from Google...Seems to have better range..
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:41 PM   #10
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Ah dumb question, is your remote charged up?
Wondering if you've got your lights to work?
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
Old 09-12-2017, 11:14 PM   #11

We have the same problem. Hubby checked the wire connections in the wall. The battery was changed and nothing. I'm going to check out the app for my phone. Really bummed about the remote. Also the undercarriage strip wouldn't work and found that where they cut the lining to get the wire through for the light strip , they cut the wire for the light strip. Dealer is supposed to be sending a new remote.
Cjmcnur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:43 AM   #12

Did you check the fuses on the Lippert Componets controller? I know I have issues with my awning blowing fuses in the inverter panel and on the Lippert Componets controller, it is a strange setup, power/signal can be supplied from multiple sources. Also if your phone has an IR Blaster you can download an app to verify it isn't the light strips remote. search for rgb ir remote.
BayouCamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:28 PM   #13
CRS

There is fuse unit located after the modem , that fuses all of the items controlled by the remote Linc system. Follow the wires coming from your remote & it will lead you to these fuses. My awning lights & two of three slides quit working by the remote, changed one fuse and everything worked again.
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:28 PM   #14

I have issues with using my remote, I can't adjust the brightness. I have changed the battery's. I point it at the sensor but get nothing
Reneedann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 11:19 AM   #15
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

We have a 282RK. The thing I found out about the remote for the awning lights is that if you turn them on with the panel switch, and turn them off with the remote, then you have to use the remote to turn them back on.
If you turn them on with the remote and turn them off with the panel, you have to use the remote to turn them back on.

Our remote does not have batteries, so I don't know if or how you reset the remote.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
Old 01-08-2020, 06:59 AM   #16

oxcamper is exactly right. We had the same problem when we bought our 28 rkss a few years ago. on\off either with the remote... or on\off with the wall switches. if ever needed, the system for the remote in ours is under a floor panel in the bathroom towel cabinet.
greggcowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 03:19 PM   #17

lippert components remote control

I have the 2018 1/2 Salem Hampshire GLX model. The remote control that came with the camper stopped working. I have replaced the batteries, it lights up, but doesn't operate anything. Do I need to reprogram the remote? If so how?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200415_154941.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	226971  
Dpreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:45 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpreat View Post
I have the 2018 1/2 Salem Hampshire GLX model. The remote control that came with the camper stopped working. I have replaced the batteries, it lights up, but doesn't operate anything. Do I need to reprogram the remote? If so how?
Try checking the fuses in the control panel. My panel is located under the bathroom sink cabinet. Took me a while to find it. Not the best location in case of a water leak.
parrott is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remote, salem