Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #1

Salem hemisphere lite rear stabilizer problem

I have a hemisphere lite 5th wheel. It is a 2013 and has been used twice since we purchased it. I came home today and found the entire rear stabilizer assembly destroyed and the rear of the trailer shifted about 10" from its original location. It appears that the switch that powers the motor that drives the rear stabilizer malfunctioned. This caused the stabilizer to run up all of the way at which point the right side stabilizer ran out too far and ripped itself out of the worm gear assembly. The switch appears not to be rated for outdoor use as it is totally corroded and now in two pieces. My question is has anyone else experienced the switch activating the drive motor due to what appears to be a short in the switch? This switch is located at the rear of the trailer and is exposed to the road grime and whatever water hits it. It is not sealed at all.
Chmajaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #2

I had a very similar problem on my new 346QBUD only our rear jacks ran themselves down while we were driving. I kind person behind me got me stopped and told us he watched our jacks travel down as we drove!

My problem was the contacts within the switch would make contact at every bump in the road and even the slightest touch would send them down. I unplugged the harness and when I got to a campground would plug the harness back in.....the jacks would extend without me touching the switch!

Long story short...I contacted Lippert and the switch is bad! Dealer said they have replaced a lot of them. If your coach is under warranty take it to the dealer...if not covered by warranty the switches are found on eBay fairly cheap!
jbklein is offline   Reply With Quote