Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2013, 09:00 AM   #1

Salem LE 22BH Furnace (2007)

I am brand new to RVing and bought a used 2007 Salem LE 22BH. (The previous owner was unable to give me any guidance on anything.)
My question is about the furnace. The a/c is on the roof and is self explanatory. There is a thermostat on the wall that must be for the furnace. The camper has floor registers, but I cannot find the actual furnace anywhere. There are no access panels on the outside except for the water heater and the fridge. The only panel I can find on the inside is the fuse/panel.
Does anyone know where the furnace is located for this camper and if the furnace is electric or gas? If gas, does it self-ignite like the fridge. (I have to manually light the water heater.)
Any help is appreciated!
GSPGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #2

Look on the outside for two 1 1/2 inch holes close together, that is the intake exhaust for your heater. They are propane, and 12 volt only and consume a lot of propane.
Broadway Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #3

Yes, I found and see the intake/exhaust, but still cannot locate the furnace itself. Still need to know if it self-ignites or has to be lit manually.
GSPGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:01 AM   #4

Here is the installation and operation manual and troubleshooting.

Forest River Forums - Downloads - Furnace - Suburban Operation (Various models)
Broadway Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #5

If you found the exhaust on the outside, what is sitting on the inside of the camper at that spot? Sometimes the fridge actually sits on top of where the furnace is.
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, salem