Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2014, 09:32 AM   #1

Speakers for cruiselite

Anyone replace indoor and outdoor speakers on there CruiseLite? We have the 291QBXL model. Speakers inside are weak and one of the outdoor speakers is crackling and I want to upgrade but want opinions. Thanks.
nateboothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:42 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

The speakers are victims of the lousy headunit and the headunit is a victim of the lousy speakers. You're not going to make much of a difference unless you upgrade both.

What to upgrade to is a matter of personal preference and budget. Easiest thing to do is to bring your trailer to a car audio shop, give them your budget and they should be able to work out what they can provide.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 08-24-2014, 09:47 AM   #3

I have done a lot of installs on cars and know quite a bit about audio. I just didn't know if anyone had opinions on good outdoor marine speakers.

First is to upgrade the speakers. A good 3 way speaker indoors would definitely sound better then whats there. I want new outdoor speakers just cause ones crackling. Head unit will come later.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:34 PM   #4

Good grief! I can't get my outdoor speakers off because of all the silicone!
TheFinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:40 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateboothman View Post
I have done a lot of installs on cars and know quite a bit about audio. I just didn't know if anyone had opinions on good outdoor marine speakers.

First is to upgrade the speakers. A good 3 way speaker indoors would definitely sound better then whats there. I want new outdoor speakers just cause ones crackling. Head unit will come later.

Ok, good to know. A lot of people have a tendency to try to replace just one and then wonder why it still sounds like junk.

I can't help you much on outdoor speakers, like you, I haven't found any good recommendations yet and I don't have the available budget for trial and error. I'm not too worried about the outdoor ones though, they're trying to fill infinite space, so I'm not going to expect much out of anything outside.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 08-24-2014, 08:04 PM   #6

Ya I mostly am just worried about indoors. There's not much of a stereo choice when it comes to replacing these unless I retrofit a nice car stereo in here. My truck has a really nice double dvd pioneer touch screen that I thought about installing just for kicks but I doubt I will.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:20 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateboothman View Post
Ya I mostly am just worried about indoors. There's not much of a stereo choice when it comes to replacing these unless I retrofit a nice car stereo in here. My truck has a really nice double dvd pioneer touch screen that I thought about installing just for kicks but I doubt I will.
I've seriously wanted to install my AVIC-Z1 in place of the Genesis 2.0 I've got. I haven't for a couple of reasons:

1) My wife hates the AVIC. Not as many buttons as a regular radio, but not as touch screen as the system she had in her ford. I'm fine with it, but she gets frustrated trying to figure out how to do things like change stations.

2) Even with a better radio, there's no way to overcome the loud air conditioner. It's so bad I often just pause whatever movie we're watching until it kicks off.

3) I've got other projects on the go that I deem more important in the foreseeable future. Once I run out of those, maybe I'll look at the radio.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:24 PM   #8

Our a/c never kicks off. Its the roof unit that isn't operated by a wall thermostat. The blower is on all the time. So my tv is always ranked up. Here is my setup lol!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1408929869355.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	61384
Old 08-24-2014, 08:34 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

1) Digital thermostat? If so take a search through the forums. There's a thread or two on how to set it up so that doesn't happen. I think it's some secret handshake process then you can get into the fan settings and switch from on (either high or low) to auto.

2) If you crank it up to max, try not to make my mistake and leave the outside speakers on. I don't think the campground appreciated blasting "The Little Mermaid" at 7am on a Sunday morning.

3) I also see you don't have the genesis. Is that the Jensen or the Magnadyne? I haven't paid enough attention yet to distinguish them. (Just being curious)

4) Those dead panels on either side are probably just empty space. I found a ton of room in mine and converted some of it to a shelf space with HDMI and 1/8th Stereo hookups for the iPod, Phone, etc... The rest I plan to use to house the amp, sub, or whatever else when I do upgrade. (Picture forthcoming, their not stored on the PC I'm currently using.)

Edit: Here you go:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1868.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	278.3 KB
ID:	61386

5) Nice TV!
Old 08-24-2014, 08:41 PM   #10

I'll have to check out the thermostat thing. Its the Jensen. I took the radio out and have a surge protector etc in the empty space. I now have an xbox 360 hooked up and another tv on the backside so we can watch movies in the bedroom. That empty space is where I house all all my cords etc. That way my install looks clean.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:20 AM   #11

I upgraded my inside speakers to Kenwood KFC-1652MRW on my Cruise Lite. They are a 2-way speaker. The original crappy speakers had no magnets to speak of. The difference was night and day. I had also upgraded my Jensen stereo to a AWM975 but that basically got me HDMI and DVD. I did not change the outside speakers because I use an Ion Cube.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums