Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2016, 04:55 PM   #1

Stabilizer jacks won't work

I have a Salem 28RLDS that's only 1 year old. I have looked at fuses under Tv and looked at fuses I found under kitchen sink in kitchen. Does anyone know where else the fuse to these might be?? Neither the front or back are working.
Salom28rlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 05:08 PM   #2

My coachman had a circuit breaker behind a false panel in the front pass through, behind the switch to operate the front jacks.
Just checking, is your battery full charge?
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 05:34 PM   #3

Yes the battery is fully charged and the jacks are only thing not working. Even the tongue jack still works. I'm gonna try and get a pc cardboard on way home to lay on. Problem is this whole RV has that black mesh cover underneath it from front to back and I don't see anyway to undo it to trace wires. I've heard this stuff is hard to repair once it's cut or ripped 😟
Old 12-27-2016, 07:30 PM   #4

I got home a crawled all up under RV and looked all close to battery and can't find any resettable breakers. I found the remote that looks like an iPhone and both sets of stabilizers work with remote but neither work with oustside switches ???? Totally stumped
Old 12-28-2016, 01:26 PM   #5
ExNavy-Exphoneguy

It's a fuse somewhere close to jacks. The remote has it's own fuse on the hidden board.
mikebecker80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 01:27 PM   #6

I had the same problem on my Salem Cruise Lite. There is a separate fuse panel on mine BEHIND the main panel under fridge. I unplugged shore power and removed six screws holding main panel on. It was bolted to the fender well. Replaced fuse. No problem since.
brannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 01:38 PM   #7

Bought my 261BHXL last February and had the same issue in June the morning we were to leave for Fort Wilderness. I removed the up /down switch and tried jumping the wires to see if I could get the jack to work. The jack worked - bad switch - lost about an hour travel time between removal, jump, test and reinstall. Had to do the process all over again at Fort Wilderness and again when we got home to PA.
Hope this helps.
blackbearmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 01:55 PM   #8

I will look under fridge. I see all the wires going to the switches and I see two metal things that look like little metal box with two wires bolted to them. I tried jumping across those but still no work. All the wires go into that mesh black wrap that's underneath. Should I cut it open maybe fuse is under there ? Hate to do that as it's kinda sealed. 😞
Old 12-28-2016, 02:00 PM   #9

Where is your main fuse panel?
Old 12-28-2016, 02:04 PM   #10

My Main panel is under the Tv cabinet in the living room. Close to floor
Old 12-28-2016, 02:09 PM   #11

I called Forest River and they told me fuse location. Dealer did not know. I don't have the number with me. I would make a call before I cut anything
Old 12-28-2016, 02:11 PM   #12

I also had a problem with both switches going bad. Not at the same time.
Old 12-28-2016, 02:38 PM   #13

Ok yes your prolly right. I tracked a ForestRiver help line down and when I called I get a voicemail saying he will be out till the 30th. I will be patient and wait till after New Years and call them. I was just hoping it was something really simple like a fuse. I took every single fuse out of the main breaker and the panel under sink and there all good. I appreciate all the help. 👍
Old 12-28-2016, 04:21 PM   #14

I had the same issue. I finally found the fuse on the Lippert control board. It could be located anywhere. Mine was behind a false panel in the pass through. I found it by using my remote and listening for a relay click from my awning. I replaced the blown fuse and have no problems since. You should not have to cut anything to access fuses.
2018 F250 Lariat (ok but I miss my F150)

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 05:03 PM   #15
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salom28rlds View Post
I got home a crawled all up under RV and looked all close to battery and can't find any resettable breakers. I found the remote that looks like an iPhone and both sets of stabilizers work with remote but neither work with oustside switches ???? Totally stumped
Appears the remote "controller" circuit is functional. The inside fuse(s) are for the controller circuits. The outside stabilizer switch circuits are protected by two 6 amp automotive type self re-setting circuit breakers, one located at each stabilizer motor. They should be very close to the motors. There is also an encased 20 or 30 amp ATO fuse located near the batteries. None are not buried in the underbelly. I don't think that both switches went bad at the same time. Sometimes the self re-setting breakers don't reset. I'm inclined to think you have a power distribution problem. I would check all three of these circuit protection devices.
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 06:46 PM   #16

I have had constant problems with both switches for my stabilizers. My dealer just replaced the switches, and they worked until it rained again. Evidently there is a water seepage problem with the switches. now, I just use my remote control to raise and lower them.
slowpoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 06:48 PM   #17

When I read this....I am so glad I had the dealer removed all 4 stabilizer jacks and replace them& tongue by manual one...one less thing to worry about !
If I could do the same at a decent price with the awning...I would without a doubt.
All these electric gadgets are a pain when they start to act up !
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 07:09 PM   #18

Stab Jacks no go

Check for power at the Jack motor
If all fuses seem fine but no power. Check fuses on remote control panel.
Wally21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 09:33 PM   #19
RetiredRVer

Just to add to the discussion.....this past August at Goshen, FR replaced both of my switches with weatherproof type units. The serviceman said they were having many problems with the old type, non-weatherproof switches. However, the odds of both of them failing at the same time seems rather remote. Good luck! (2014 Heritage Glen 282RK TT)
2017 Coachman Chaparral 336TSIK Fifth Wheel
2018 AT 18 Alaska group
checkmate99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 04:56 PM   #20

I think I'm gonna have to have dealer take a look at it. The switches have 4 wires on them. 2 on top and two on bottom. I tried jumping the resettable circuit and still no work. I have googled an searched but can't find any wiring diagrams on these switches. I tested and one red wire is hot with 12v which makes me believe both switches could be bad. Was gonna order one but they are 20 to 89 dollars a pc. I'll make the dealer fix it. Lol. Thanks for all the help.

Tags
jacks