Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2011, 04:33 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehlendt View Post
Thanks for your input Camper Lucy. My Salem has a weather membrane on the underside of the camper and sure makes me uneasy going thru that. Does your Puma have the same? I worry that I'll screw something up and let the elements in.
I was just thinking. I have a jack on the exterior for hooking up a cable tv line. I'll never do this. Any reason why I can't take the wall recepticle on the inside of the camper and reconfigure it so that I have my antenna signal split and running out to that jack on the outside, as well as wired to my tv inside? Seems logical. That way I wouldn't have to drill holes in anything......in theory. Anyone tried that? I'd gladly hang a cable under the TT each time I wanted to use the tv outside. Heck, I'd probably even just set the tv on a table so I don't have to hang a mount. I'm going to test this out this weekend. Wish me luck.

Thanks,
John
I did something similar. I have cable and sat connctors on the hookup side of my TT. I do use cable if it is available, but only use satellite on the outside TV. I bought a splitter, connected the output from the cable/ antenna amp, reconnected the feed to the interior TV and put the sat coax to the splitter. Now if I want to use cable or antenna I just throw a 20 foot piece of coax under the TT to the Television and connect to the sat plug at the hook ups.

I have purchased a cable jack and cover to install under the awning and have the coax to run, but I to am not looking forward to removing the cover under the TT to do this. I am just waiting to have another reason to remove the bottom cover.

Hope I made sense.
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:49 PM   #22
Site Team - Lou

Best idea for this seen to date:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf satellite_rewire.pdf (957.8 KB, 155 views)
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:39 PM   #23

So I have looked again and I guess I am just missing something. Where is the exterior cable hookup on the 26tbud. I like the idea of being able to hook up the tv outside under the awning but don't see the coax hookup.
This is on a 2012 model, they surely didn't stop this feature did they.

Thanks in advance
Dave
kccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:01 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Best idea for this seen to date:
that's what u call "a picture is worth a thousand words". that's what i was i was trying to arrive at in post 11. u did it using the same wall plate. much neater job.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:19 AM   #25
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimh View Post
that's what u call "a picture is worth a thousand words". that's what i was i was trying to arrive at in post 11. u did it using the same wall plate. much neater job.
Not my idea. Can't take the credit.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:21 AM   #26

i have tried the x10 transmitter solution now. it works well transmitting the audio and video signal from a source with a video/audio output to a second set. the ir remote signals are linked as well.

biggest problem is that people walking around the transmitter and wireless devices tend to interfere. usually u can switch the channel on the x10 device and eliminate the wireless problems. people walking between the signal isn't as easy. i have my sat rec in the upper part because that is where my hi def tv is. the transmitted signal is send back to the tv in the living room. all inputs, cable and tv inputs to the tv remain normal.
as far as recommending it, it still leaves something to be desired. as long as someone doesn't move between the transmitter and receiver, it's fine. walls aren't a problem, just people moving around.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:41 AM   #27

add a spliter at the cable source and run an extra coax outside to where u want to go.
rbarrieau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:43 PM   #28

how to install exterior CATV hookup

I am in the same boat at KCcamper. bought a 2012 Tbud to find out it did not have an external hookup for CATV. This is my first camper, so anyone have some help on how I can install an external hookup. Not sure of key do's and don'ts when drilling holes, etc.
rackerlund is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26tbud