Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2020, 09:57 PM   #1

Tire size 31kqbts

Hello . New to the forum as I await the completion of our new 31kqbts. Hoping to take delivery on the next 2 weeks. I found a special on GY tires and am looking for the tire size of the 31kqbts. I don't have the trailer yet, tried Google, and dealer hasn't been helpful since they don't have any on the lot.

Thanks in advance.
outwardbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 11:57 PM   #2

Tire size

Congrats on the new trailer my 19' model lists ST225/75R15/D on the side of the trailer sticker. What do you plan to haul the trailer with?
Bmvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 08:38 AM   #3

I have a list of some mods that I've done to our trailer that have made things a bit nicer if your interested. As I've found out and started researching you may want to get the equalizer 4pt WDH rated for 1,200tw and 12,000 trailer weight as I'm around 1,100tw with no water in tanks and minimal gear in the front storage.
Old 07-05-2020, 02:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmvtr View Post
Congrats on the new trailer my 19' model lists ST225/75R15/D on the side of the trailer sticker. What do you plan to haul the trailer with?
Thanks. I just took delivery last week. I haul it with a 19'F250 diesel. Pulled it home 353 miles from Ohio to St. LOUIS.
Old 07-05-2020, 02:23 PM   #5

Quote:
I have a list of some mods that I've done to our trailer that have made things a bit nicer if your interested. As I've found out and started researching you may want to get the equalizer 4pt WDH rated for 1,200tw and 12,000 trailer weight as I'm around 1,100tw with no water in tanks and minimal gear in the front storage.
Thanks. I welcome any ideas and insight. I had a recurve 1200 wash and it wasn't compatible without substantial cutting of cross members up front so I ended up needing to by Couches RV Blue Ox 1000 wdh they had in stock so I could safely tow it home.
Old 07-06-2020, 02:22 PM   #6

Upgrades

These are the items I upgraded it has helped quite a bit.
1. Changed the shower curtain track to an extend a shower. Used the same curtain just had to buy curtain hooks. (Gray vent pipe runs in the wall the door is on.)
2. Added a recessed wall toilet paper holder next to the toilet. ( Be careful black vent pipe runs in the wall.)
3. Installed 2 wireless light switches one for the front bedroom and one for the bunk room. Eco-Led part number WS-01DC
4. Made a sewer hose holder and 8' ladder holder that clamps to the bottom trailer frame.
5.Added a factory matched folding countertop.
5. I ditched the grill that came with my trailer upgraded to a name brand.
6. Installed the 2nd ac we live in Florida you may not have an issue in the northern states.
Also note the radio antenna is tied into the antenna booster turn it on for better reception . Sorry some of the pictures may post sideways.

Happy camping
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	140F668F-4370-4648-835E-263156D966D2.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	233282   Click image for larger version

Name:	270658E7-D9AC-414A-8DF4-740D53A258E2.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	304.8 KB
ID:	233283   Click image for larger version

Name:	77DCB55F-1440-4BCF-B25D-97E43542A4B6.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	269.5 KB
ID:	233284   Click image for larger version

Name:	170D395C-5878-4161-B481-616B97E3B1FC.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	329.7 KB
ID:	233285   Click image for larger version

Name:	34426CD6-555F-4841-8AAE-8198F68509AC.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	534.3 KB
ID:	233286  

Bmvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 04:44 PM   #7

Quote:
These are the items I upgraded it has helped quite a bit.

1. Changed the shower curtain track to an extend a shower. Used the same curtain just had to buy curtain hooks. (Gray vent pipe runs in the wall the door is on.)

2. Added a recessed wall toilet paper holder next to the toilet. ( Be careful black vent pipe runs in the wall.)

3. Installed 2 wireless light switches one for the front bedroom and one for the bunk room. Eco-Led part number WS-01DC

4. Made a sewer hose holder and 8' ladder holder that clamps to the bottom trailer frame.

5.Added a factory matched folding countertop.

5. I ditched the grill that came with my trailer upgraded to a name brand.

6. Installed the 2nd ac we live in Florida you may not have an issue in the northern states.

Also note the radio antenna is tied into the antenna booster turn it on for better reception . Sorry some of the pictures may post sideways.

Happy camping
Great mods! Thanks for the insight. We ordered the second AC from the factory as it does get hot here in the heartland. I like the sewer hose and ladder holder ideas.

Did you replace your tires? I'm nervous about the China bombs. Also going to make a plexiglass cover for the dinette table. 4 little kids +grooved surface = ruined....
Old 07-06-2020, 05:20 PM   #8

I have a TPMS I use when hauling the trailer I'll probably run the tires from factory for awhile I'm not to concerned about them coming apart. Plexiglass is a good idea my table is a smooth but I don't see the edges holding up very long. Make sure you fold the beds up in the back bunk room they will bind on the opposing slides when you bring them in.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:13 PM   #9

So did a shakeout camping trip locally this weekend. The build quality of these is abysmal and it's made in America. I get that we didnt buy an Airstream or a Grand Design but at least build them right. Big gripes are the cabinets not closing right after a few uses and the shower stall seemingly coming unglued from the wall from its double sided stick tape.

One question for you though amidst all the griping, do you find that your hot water runs out quickly? Is the water heater electric or is it propane? I cant really tell.

Thanks
Old 07-11-2020, 11:25 PM   #10

Yes I'm OCD on quality (These lack that) the shower unsticks at the top of my panels also. I put plastic command strip hooks for the shower and above the toilet to hold all your towels and wash cloths mine have worked well. The backwards hot valve for the shower burns me every time. ( turns opposite of normal house fixtures) I've noticed several wall panels loose already where the staples aren't holding well. The cabinets might need some adjusting see if the peg on the door is going between the 2 roller catches or under them that was an issue with the dinette doors. My fold out couch door falls down when the bed is out due to not enough support in the middle 2x2. As far as the water heater make sure the bypasses are lined up correctly they should be under the kitchen sink cabinet area. (While your under there check the sink strainer drain nuts and ALL plumbing connections mine were loose and leaking Check the pee trap connections in the bathroom and under the tub after 2 trips my tub was leaking into the trailer the trap fell off wasn't even tight. There is an electric element on off switch located bottom left of the heater on the exterior of the trailer. (Make sure this is off until water is hooked up and air purged and before you pack up to leave.) Also you can use the gas portion for faster heat up. The only time I notice hot water being unavailable is after we fill the tub for the kids then start a shower afterwards. A little tip to hold bunk room door open have the trailer tilt slightly to the drivers side When you set up this will also make the ac condensate roll off that side. If that's your only issue after the first trip sounds like your trailer quality was better than mine. I've been happy overall with our trailer so far.

Tags
tire