Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2018, 06:14 PM   #1

TV Mount

I just recently purchased a Salem FSX200 RK. I am wanting to install a TV. There is sticker on the wall that indicates a place for the TV mount. However when I push on this wall it does not feel like any thing behind the thin paneling. Hate to drill holes if this area can not support a small TV and bracket. Any advice would be appricated. I hope I posted this in the correct spot. I am new to this forum.
Tom
TomC1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 07:41 PM   #2
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC1944 View Post
I just recently purchased a Salem FSX200 RK. I am wanting to install a TV. There is sticker on the wall that indicates a place for the TV mount. However when I push on this wall it does not feel like any thing behind the thin paneling. Hate to drill holes if this area can not support a small TV and bracket. Any advice would be appricated. I hope I posted this in the correct spot. I am new to this forum.
Tom
Welcome TomC. Good to have you aboard. I think that if it says it is the place to mount, you kinda have to take a leap of faith. You may have to drill a hole just to see what's actually back there. You can always fill it in, or put one of those faux wood stickers on the hole if you're still unsure. Maybe you can post a picture or two so we can all see what you are seeing.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 04:08 PM   #3

Thanks Ed. I guess I will go on blind faith and attempt to mount the TV bracket. As I said the wall just doesn’t fill like there is a stud or any thing behind it. Maybe there is a piece of plywood or something glued to the paneling for screws to go in.
Tom
TomC1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 11:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC1944 View Post
Thanks Ed. I guess I will go on blind faith and attempt to mount the TV bracket. As I said the wall just doesn’t fill like there is a stud or any thing behind it. Maybe there is a piece of plywood or something glued to the paneling for screws to go in.
Tom
Had the same experience with my Salem 282rk. Found there was a spot where the label was about 12" square and took a very small drill bit to verify location then mounted a bracket to match the one on my exterior of the. All is good for my 32" TV.
rmanduch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount, tv mount