Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2017, 10:43 PM   #1

Upper bunk question

Hi all,
We just purchased a Salem lite 273qbxl. We have small grandchildren and would like to know if anyone knows of a product that would protect them from rolling out of the upper bunks. Also no ladder came with the trailer. What do others use instead?
Thanks.
Cjmcnur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 05:45 AM   #2

I have two 12 yr old boys and they sleep in the top bunk have had no issue with them rolling out of the bed, but I went to Lowe's and purchased a three step step ladder for them to get into bed. Hope this helps
surfdogg65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:01 AM   #3

Bunk Rail

This was my solution for the upper bunk.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...on-141179.html
modemem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 01:27 AM   #4
Always Learning

I use an IMEA bedrail to keep my little guy in bed. We found that the clamp it came with left a bit to be desired and ultimately just drilled through the wood and bolted it in place. It is harder to make the bunk but more secure.

Before that, we tried the under mattress rail that folds up from Walmart. It only worked because we added an extra mattress pad to the bed.

Ladder-wise, I bought a wooden bunk bed ladder and cut it to size. It's more secure and easier on the feet for my daughter. There are RV ladders, also. Amazon has then.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:15 AM   #5

As suggested by someone on this site, we use pool noodles. Get a larger diameter pool noodle and cut it to for the length. When making the bed, put it under the sheet on the edge and tuck the sheets in real tight. It has worked great with our kids. Also, my parents didn't get a ladder with their mh and they bought one from camping world. You just cut the bottom of it to fit your needs.
bigmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:33 AM   #6

Thanks for all the ideas. We'll have to decide which works the best for us.
Cjmcnur is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunk