Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #1

Washing Machine

We have a 2012 Salem 31 QBTS and want to have a washer installed. I am retiring in the spring and will be living in our RV trailer for a few months till we can get a new house. With a large family we will be in need of a washer every day. Any one out there completed a after market install of one?
Mittyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

First to consider is water and sewer. Are you set up with both? Next is space. With a large family, do you have floor space? Now, must be small washer due to water heater tank size of the RV, if you wash in hot or warm water. Last is a dryer. Are you looking at a dual unit, or stacked set? Not much help, just stuff to consider. RV washers aren't made for families.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #3

We planned on hang dry and just need one for 1 to 2 loads a day. We looked and have not seen any one who has tried to put one in the type of trailer we have. We have looked at putting a small one in the bathroom. We just have a long time to travel from New York to AZ.
Mittyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #4
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittyy View Post
We have a 2012 Salem 31 QBTS and want to have a washer installed. I am retiring in the spring and will be living in our RV trailer for a few months till we can get a new house. With a large family we will be in need of a washer every day. Any one out there completed a after market install of one?

We had the Spendoria (sp) washer and dryer installed in our Silverback by the dealer before we pulled it off the lot.

Our salesman was complety honest when we asked about having it installed. He didn't recommend them because a lot of his customers were disappointed in their performance after using it. The reason he said is that people expected it to perform the same as their household units do and they will not. My wife and I accepted that and went ahead and had it installed.

She has been satisfied with its performance and we are glad we have it. I don't know your floor plan, but ours fits in the front bedroom closet on the left side. It was plumbed at the factory and it vents out the left side of the front cap.

So I suggest you take a look at the unit you are considering and check it performance specifications.

I am sure others will have their opinion also.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
camping

http://http://www.amazon.com/Package...ashing+machine
its good to hear that about washers/dryers. I know the DW wants one in the next camper- we have friends with them and they use them all the time. we have looked into the portable ones on amazon and have thought about getting one to try out. I would like to put one in out camper except there is really no place to put it.

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittyy View Post
I bought a Spendide at CW shortly after we bought this unit. It is "ventless" cause I didn't want another hole in the side of the RV. We've used it over 40 times already and if you read and follow the directions and experiment a bit, it works beautiful. We spent a month in it at one time plus another 6 trips thus far. Never again to a laundry. I installed it with the help of a factory hookup. Connect to drain h/c water. It holds sheet set, towels and half dozen clothes items at one time easily. Dries to your direction. Wouldn't leave home without it anymore!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zwasher.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	19047  
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #7

Mittyy's dw - we have used the small one before living in Korea so we understand the limit on size of loads. Issue is where would be be possible to install it really. None of our ideas on locations work. Vince what model do you have? Not overly wanting a combo unit as they aren't typically was well and dry time is longer, we have had them beofre(Korea) but never used the dry part since it was as fast and cheaper to hang. Have a line dry rigged in the bathroom already so that isn't an issue really.
Tarrasclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #8

I use the 7100xc model which is vent-less. Long dry cycles? Ha, i use 20 minutes, pull out almost dry and add anpther 20 min dry cycle. And that is no exaust hose collecting lint and dust.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote