Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2017, 01:55 PM   #1

Winegard WIFI

Anyone try this product on their RV, in the market to purchase one. Any feedback on pros and cons prior to making a purchase would be appreciated.
runner48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:30 PM   #2

Wineguard WIFI

Haven't purchased one yet however someone in our campground had one this past weekend had one and let me piggy back off of it and it was amazingly fast. I've stayed there two years now all spring and summer and never had wifi in the camper always had to go to the building. My basic understanding is it takes what little signal is present and boosts it transmitting and receiving. I'm planning on getting one as soon as funds allow.
Galco Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:30 PM   #3

It's amazing I love it put it in two weeks ago and it's super fast. Plenty of speed for whatever you want. Went from picking up two signals to 33 the farthest one being over a mile as the crow flys.
Galco Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 11:21 PM   #4

Looks nice...but expensive. Their model with the wifi protocol plus 4G cellular connection is $200 more than the wifi only. That's a waste of money. If the only signal available is 4G, or LTE, you can just set up the hotspot on your cellphone and then connect the Wineguard to the phone. Works the same way as having the built in 4G and probably doesn't need a separate cellular plan. I do that a lot with the Alpha CampPro wifi thingy.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:01 AM   #5

Winegard wifi booster is pretty expensive. I can't speak to how good it is or if it's worth the price their asking. Many of us here have had great success with the much cheaper (one fourth the price) Alfa Camp Pro booster. It is also featured on Techno RV (they have a few videos showing how it works). I have personally used the Alfa Camp Pro for over a year and it works great.
http://amzn.to/2jHpxQ1
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:05 PM   #6

I'm going with an m2 bullet paired with a 23db directional Wi-Fi antenna.

I should be able to pick up wifi from several miles away with this setup. I will be installing it tomorrow. Hopefully won't have any trouble fishing the wires up the slide and into my entertainment center area.

I don't recall exactly but I believe the m2 and the antenna cost me less than 150. I've got a spare router already to share the connection within the camper.

I may end up adding a weboost 4g amplifier for times I'm off the beaten track. That's pricey though so may wait for next season.

My camper is a Heritage Glen, but they make the exact same model branded as Salem.

2017 Heritage Glen 368RLHBK Limited
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew, 6.7 Cummins
m35a2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winegard, wifi