Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2017, 09:24 AM   #1

2016 371REBH Level up help!

Hello,

Does anyone with a 371REBH know where the rear sensor for the Level Up system is located? LCI told me it is on a cross member, somewhere behind the rear axle. If the location could be narrowed down, it would be great, before I have to drop the whole underbelly.

FYI, my level up system is not grounding the rear 4 jacks during the "auto level" sequence. LCI suggested the rear sensor may be detecting movement before the jacks contact the ground and move the 5er. I do not have the "sensor connection" error message.

Thanks for any and all help.

Doug
The Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:29 AM   #2

From helping others (and myself), I have found that the sensor placement depends on who was installing that day. I think the location hint they gave you is about as close as you will get.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:31 AM   #3

That what I was afraid of! Have you have any experience with the rear sensor being loose or failing?
Old 07-31-2017, 09:42 AM   #4

Yes, had to help replace a bad sensor for a friend. Same symptoms as yours. On another, it was a bad control board. Both times a Lippert tech walked us through the testing, diagnosis, and then sent us the parts. Good luck!
Old 08-01-2017, 08:39 AM   #5

Hey Doug, I don't have the same 5er as you but I have the LCI leveling system. It is generally mounted in the first cross support behind the rear axle. Mine was screwed on with self-drilling/self-tapping screws that can easily loosen and affect your entire leveling system. I have had a lot of these screws break or loosen over the years so I often replace them with machine screws and nylon insert nuts on critical components like the leveling system. You might also inspect your central controller to make sure the electrical plug hasn't loosened. I had that happen to ours once. Good luck.
RogerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 11:52 AM   #6

2016 371REBH Level up help!

Well, I bought a small scope for my phone and located the rear sensor. It was on the first cross member behind the rear axles. I checked it and found it mounted securely with a good connection.

I had noticed that the side to side reading on the display swung a degree or two, with the camper sitting still.

A call to LCI revealed that the side to side level is controlled by the rear sensor and the front to back level is controlled by the front module.

LCI sent a new rear sensor. Once I installed it and reset zero the system works great!

Doug
Old 10-21-2017, 12:56 PM   #7

Congrats! Thanks for sharing the fix. We really appreciate the feedback.

« Leaking | sandpiper »