Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2017, 08:32 PM   #1

2017 376BHOK Water Leak!!!!

Well I discovered a water leak today in the super slide... wonder where it's coming from. The curtain is stained in the top left corner. Upon inspection of the roof on the slide I am finding that it holds water. Anyone else's do that ?
dritson84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:09 PM   #2

The obvious question would be is your unit level? Are the wipe seals tight against the top of the slide.
If I was you, I would get it back to the dealer ASAP to get the slide seals replaced or the slide adjusted.
The top of the slide should not hold or channel water into the trailer.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:05 AM   #3

If worst came to worst, a slide topper would stop the issue in it's tracks.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 01:02 PM   #4

What's the average cost of that?

2017 Sandpiper 376BHOK
dritson84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:37 PM   #5

$961.97 for ours. Just purchased at the Seattle RV show and having the dealer install them on both slides before picking it up. It's a 2017 Sandpiper 3275 DBOK.
CS98671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:40 PM   #6

2017 FR Wildwood 282QBXL water leak

I purchased a new 2017 Wildwood 282QBXL with one slide out. After two months the top D seal was missing and we had water damage. It took 4 months of fighting with Camping World in Fort Myers, FL and Forest River to get the D seal replaced and all it was finger pointing. FR thinks CW doesn't do anything and CW was amazed that FR didn't automatically honor the warranty. They also fixed a cabinet (water damage), the pantry fixed (shelves completely fell apart), trim falling off, and outside light lens fell off. CW could not get anywhere so I had to call FR and had to fight for every single item.
I finally got my camper back only to have it leak and now the exact same thing is happening with FR and CW. I took off the top D seal and found that the D seal track is very wavy and droops down in the middle so the water will simply puddle up in the middle and most likely is the cause of the leak since the slide was closed. It leaks on top of the slide then runs to toward the front (my camper was slightly tilted towards the front) then runs down the side of the slide and bounces off the horizontal rails (for the slide motors) then splashes on the entertainment center. Also, the wipe seals around the rails have gaps which CW says is a design flaw. I said these should be replaced and cut properly to seal around the rails but nothing has been done.
All I know is that I will never by a FR product as they DO NOT HONOR THEIR WARRANTY and CW won't do anything unless FR approves it so basically they won't do anything to help their customer. I have every email and picture saved for legal purposes so if anyone files a class action suite I will join. There should be a lemon law for campers.
I just purchased a slide topper for $550 from Markarios (free shipping) as I will not give CW any more business
TPWildwood282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:45 AM   #7

Forest River wildwood leaks

My camper is back at CW and once again the wrong parts came in. I asked for CW to pick up my camper while I was on vacation for two weeks but they wanted to wait until I came back. They were going to pick up my camper on Tuesday but I insisted that they pick it up on Monday as I asked them to do two weeks ago. They picked up my camper on Monday then found out on Wednesday that the wrong seals came in even after they looked at the parts two weeks ago. They said Forest River would send the correct part in one to two days but they did not arrive. FR doesn't care about their customers. I have not been able to use my camper for 6 out of the 9 months that I owned it.
TPWildwood282 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak