Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2020, 01:37 PM   #1

2017 Sandpiper 379 FLOK

We have just purchased a 2017 Sandpiper 379 FLOK
This is our 3rd Fifth Wheel and our 5th camper that we've owned since we started camping in 1999
This camper was purchased and delivered to a campsite and set on that site for the past 3 years without being moved. We are the 2nd owners.
Our questions are:

One of the front Hydraulic Jacks is leaking. Is this an easy fix?

Is there a different button somewhere to be able to use to put the front jacks down (without going into the auto level - manual mode) to unhook from the truck?

How does the Inverter work? Do you turn it off from both inside the camper and outside if you don't need it?

Is there any storage underneath the master bed? This one looks like it does, but it also looks like the platform has been modified. It doesn't raise up from the end of the bed, it raises up from the middle. They did buy a smaller mattress and put on the bed for more room to move around in that room......

The recessed lights are very dim in the kitchen. They are hard wired. How would you change them if/when they go bad?

Any advice and help at this time would be greatly appreciated.
kdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:44 AM   #2

welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. rebuilding hydraulic cylinders is not hard if you have the tools with that said might be best to remove the cylinder and have a shop rebuild it. hard wired lights do not prevent replacement to increase Lums or failed fixture you just have to widen the replacement.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:37 PM   #3

Hi there! Regarding the inverter:

I'm assuming the setup is the same as in our 2020. My wife and I actually tested this. You turn the inverter on or off from the inside control panel, or outside where it's housed (presumably the battery bay); no need to do both.

Regarding the master bedroom: Nope, no storage under the bed, except on the outside of the slide. Reason is the bed box slides in on itself when that slide is retracted (which incidentally is why the king mattress folds, so it doesn't wedge against the wardrobe/OK slide).

Cheers!
Chris
TinyHousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 09:12 AM   #4

Thank you for your reply.
So on the inverter, I can turn either one off, inside on the rocker panel or the inverter outside, no need to turn both off. It will eventually shut off once you do that?

The bed: They took out the original mattress and put a smaller mattress on so no need to flip up the mattress when the slide comes in. The platform drops down toward the end (making it un level) which made no sense to me, so that slides under the top platform? I'll have to re look at that.

If you raise the mattress all the way up, you could almost store things under the mattress (not the outside portion) but what an inconvenience to get to.
Old 10-17-2020, 06:32 PM   #5

Our master bedroom slide is for the bed (East to West), which sounds like what you have. On the foot portion of the slide there should be two or more rollers that support the end and allow it to roll over the flooring when it goes in and out.

We do have about an 8” deep area of storage under ours. It’s not as deep as most because of the hydraulic mechanism is under there.

We have a 2014 376 BHOK so yours may not be the same as ours.

Hope you get it all figured out.
The Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 01:47 PM   #6

The FLOK (also east/west) bed box slides in on itself, so it's not actually sliding across the flow when it extends/retracts. When fully extended, it would appear that there should be storage space under the foot of the bed, but it's screwed shut. My first thought was "why did they do that and not open it up for storage?" but quickly figured that one out. Still I thought it was odd that the mattress folded, but then found out that it needed to in order to keep from falling off the box when the slide was pulled in. :-) bonus feature: the folding mattress makes it so much easier to pull the mattress out from the headboard when changing bedding!

However, seems that OPs configuration has been modified a little, so it could be possible for under bed storage?
TinyHousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 11:47 AM   #7

Thank you for your reply, and yes, exactly, we thought the same thing, why was it screwed shut? Just seems like an odd thing.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:31 PM   #8

we have a 2016 35ROK
on the hydraulic front legs the only way is to use the control panel in manual mode
and yes the inverter has one switch in side and then the battery disconnect in the storage bay
our bed does have some storage under it but the last fith wheel did not as they use that space for the hydraulic ram

Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey
muddyrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 12:21 PM   #9

Thank you for your reply

Tags
sandpiper