Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2017, 09:26 AM   #1

2018 379flok under bed storage

We will be using our RV for a lot more than just a few weekends. In looking for where the bedroom remote went we discovered somehow got kicked under the bed. When you lift the mattress the 1 inch plywood cover is screwed down and contained the TV box. I pulled a few of the screws out and saw an area for storage that's bigger than any other area in the RV but it sealed shut . My plan is to remove the plywood cut a fairly large rectangle and hinge it with the pianos hinge and build a ledge around the underneath to support it does any buddy see a problem with me using that area that I'm not thinking about
Buckeye853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:43 PM   #2

When the bedroom slide comes in that space is taken by the outdoor storage compartment. Anything you have in there will be crushed and will break your bed.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaHunter View Post
When the bedroom slide comes in that space is taken by the outdoor storage compartment. Anything you have in there will be crushed and will break your bed.
Awe man..... I wanted to see the "after" pics once the storage was loaded and the slide operated........

YES PaHunter is correct, don't do it.
Nights Camped: 2010 = 14/11 = 27/12 = 13/13 = 10/14 = 30/15 = 47/16 = 30/17 = 21/18 = 11
chop249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop249 View Post
Awe man..... I wanted to see the "after" pics once the storage was loaded and the slide operated........

YES PaHunter is correct, don't do it.

OK so I took the bottom board of the bed closed up all the slides and my wife is small enough to open the door and go in and put her phone in and take pictures of with the opening looks like with the all the slides in. I took pictures and I'll figure out a way to put them on here but you're left with the opening is 44 inches wide 18 inches high and 16 inches deep. I had a thin board and cut it to fit the back side. I put a small amount of woodworkers glue on the corners. Close the camper again to see if anything would knock the board off, it didn't. I drilled holes in the bottom that board and put pins in it to keep it in place. All I do is pull one pin and swivel with the board out. I now have all of my fishing rods two file boxes and the fire safe along with a couple document binders. We're going full-time for about five years and space is precious. Another thing we did was put one by threes up high on the sides of the large closet in the bathroom. Installed swivel style drapery brackets and a pole along with a 2x4 not just out for a support in the center and moved all of our hanging clothes into there. we use a stepstool as it is kind a high to hang up all of our wardrobe. There is still about 2 1/2 feet of height on the bottom for supplies and towels etc. that opened up both of the hanging closets in the bedroom for a different way to store things. I look at this website on my iPad but my pictures are on my phone I will have to take some pictures with the iPad and put them up it's great storage under the bed that is useful. The outside storage does come in but it stops leaving you plenty of room. Knowing that storage is precious I'm surprised that Forrest River didn't put a hinged door on that area For you to use .
Buckeye853 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, storage