Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2020, 10:11 AM   #1

2019 Forest River RV Sandpiper 389RD From Country Roads RV Center

Hey everyone. I hope everyone is doing good. My hubby and I are considering to upgrade to a Fifth wheel - mainly this 2019 Forest River RV Sandpiper 389RD [/URL]we saw on Country Roads RV - we just want something bigger than our travel trailer.
https://www.crrvc.com/listings/sandpiper-389rd/

The price seems good and we wanted to know what current owners think of this model and year. We got to check one of these out at a Charlotte RV show earlier this year.

Thanks, everyone be safe!
BrendaM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 03:49 PM   #2

Oh that's a nice Fifth Wheel - we're considering a Sandpiper 368FBDS but we're still looking. We actually stopped by Country Roads RV last year on our way to Greensborough to check out some of their fifth wheels last year. Very nice staff and they're not very pushy.
CamperGal777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 11:40 AM   #3

Talking 2019 Forest River RV Sandpiper

This is one of the best RV's our family has bought in a while. Trust me after a long hiking through the mountains on a warm summer day, hitting the king size bed in the evening is the most enjoyable place in the whole RV. The auto-leveling system makes for easy stability once you plant her in the spot you want to stay in.
CliffordW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 11:56 AM   #4

Take your time shopping.

What ever you want is out there.

We chose what I think is a more expensive smaller unit. Cedar Creek 34RE. Structurally better.

Our rv criteria changed as we went along. Wanted well under 40’. DW Wanted a washer dryer. Light hitch weight. King bed, that was me, she demands her share. Couples rv.

Got to shop till you drop! Do not buy the first one you see. That was a Sandpiper front living model, 5 years ago for us.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 12:17 PM   #5

We had this same floorplan in 2017. And we only kept it ~ 6 months. I had to put a 3rd ac on it and was lucky it would keep up. Theres no insulation plus that big sliding door is very airish. In the cold you have to go outside to warm up!

Just my .2 cents on that floorplan.

I do i have a 2017 keystone alpine for sale. Im also in north carolina.
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 02:52 PM   #6

Sliding Door

If it where myself I would be really concerned how little wall support is between the sliding door and both sides. With that wall having a slide on both sides of that door and at the most maybe a foot of wall to anchor to the floor and three big openings in a very short span that looks like a potential issue.
Justonemoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 11:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justonemoe View Post
If it where myself I would be really concerned how little wall support is between the sliding door and both sides. With that wall having a slide on both sides of that door and at the most maybe a foot of wall to anchor to the floor and three big openings in a very short span that looks like a potential issue.
Thank you - we really appreciate the feedback and advice. We actually went over to see the Sandpiper a couple of days ago. We really love it. We checked out other floor plans and for the price we're really happy!

We actually asked our sales guy about "how little wall support is between the sliding door and both sides. With that wall having a slide on both sides of that door and at the most maybe a foot of wall to anchor to the floor and three big openings in a very short span that looks like a potential issue." Our sales guy assured us that "The openings have to pass engineering and RVIA standards for structural rigidity." They also got their manf. rep on the phone to go over the quality control process.

We should be applying for financing today...I will let you guys know what happens!!!
Old 06-10-2020, 11:05 AM   #8

Hey everyone - so I have some updates. Unfortunately the 2019 Forest River RV Sandpiper 389RD got sold - bummer It's getting harder to find deals on RV's... but we did check out another model that fits our budget. We really like the 2019 Forest River Sabre 38RDP
It's right in our budget and we really like the features. We're going back this week to put a deposit down... but I wanted to see what everyone thinks....thanks!
Old 06-10-2020, 01:33 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaM68 View Post
Hey everyone - so I have some updates. Unfortunately the 2019 Forest River RV Sandpiper 389RD got sold - bummer It's getting harder to find deals on RV's... but we did check out another model that fits our budget. We really like the 2019 Forest River Sabre 38RDP
It's right in our budget and we really like the features. We're going back this week to put a deposit down... but I wanted to see what everyone thinks....thanks!
Probably should ask your Sabre questions, in the Sabre sub-forum since this thread is in the Sandpiper sub-forum.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, sandpiper