Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2022, 10:13 AM   #1

2021 Sandpiper 3440BH Water Heater Bypass

Hello out there. I cannot for the life of me locate my water heater bypass valve. I need to bypass so I can winterize. Normally the valve is on the control panel but mine is not. It is also not located by the hot water heater itself. The location has to be this model specific as all other help is very generic. Can someone with this model that has winterized their camper post where the valve is or how they winterized their unit? I have attached pictures of both the control panel and the water heater.
Thank You
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1615.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	353.9 KB
ID:	281307   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1616.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	463.5 KB
ID:	281308  
kbechtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 10:15 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbechtle View Post
Hello out there. I cannot for the life of me locate my water heater bypass valve. I need to bypass so I can winterize. Normally the valve is on the control panel but mine is not. It is also not located by the hot water heater itself. The location has to be this model specific as all other help is very generic. Can someone with this model that has winterized their camper post where the valve is or how they winterized their unit? I have attached pictures of both the control panel and the water heater.
Thank You

Your bypass valve/settings are in this pic. Turn your valves to match the settings where it says "Winterize"

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 10:20 AM   #3
Site Team

Looking at the winterize settings on your panel, it appears you just need to turn that red lever 90 degrees to the right to match the diagram, as the other three seem to be already set.

The winterize setting show the white and blue levers facing each other, with the green and red levers facing away from each other.

Click image for larger version

Name:	winterize.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	427.6 KB
ID:	281309

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 10:28 AM   #4

It does appear that the red lever needs a 1/4 turn clockwise.
Old 11-06-2022, 11:08 AM   #5

Thanks All. It seems this system simplifies winterizing by not having an additional valve to turn? I'm so used to having a bypass valve. My Son In Law has another Forest River 5th wheel, an Impression, and he has a bypass valve. I guess standardizing the control panels would make too much sense.
Thanks Again
kbechtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 11:39 AM   #6

I like that panel! I’ve been trying to figure out what each knob controls. My guess is the white knob is the bypass with horizontal being open. Still working on the others.
Old 01-10-2023, 03:38 PM   #7

The water heater has a check valve on the outlet side to prevent antifreeze from entering the tank. The red handle prevents water or antifreeze from entering the cold inlet side of the tank.
firestorm_actual is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2021, bypass, heater, sandpiper, water, water heater, water heater bypass