Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2017, 01:36 AM   #1

379 FLOK Issues - Suggestions / Recommendations??

I just came back from the 2017 FROG rally in Goshen Indiana. When I left, my 5er was like brand new as I had them fix all of the issues I was having. Unfortunately the interstate highways are so bad that it took a beating on the way home.

Here are some of the things that happened and I need some suggestions. Others are FYI

1) When I arrived at the rally, both of my manual roof vents in the bedroom and kitchen were open. When I tried to close them, I noticed the mechanism and knob were broken. In addition the seals had come unglued from the edges. Fortunately, they replaced both Ventline vents while I was there. They were very concerned as they still use the Ventline model in their current Sandpipers. FYI

2) The glass cover over the stove has a handle on the front. During transport, the screw came loose from the nut and fell in the carpet. Fortunately I was able to locate and put it back together. FYI

3) The locking mechanism on the tri-slide shower door came unscrewed and fell off. The shower doors went back-and-forth into the rubber latch mechanism. Unfortunately the set screw vibrated out and now I have to find another screw. Does anyone know the manufacturer of the tri-slide shower doors?

4) Both doors on the bedroom cabinets for hanging clothes have come open during transit. Since you cannot enter the room until the slides are out, the right door handle caught the slide and bent it sideways. I was able to straighten the handle out enough to continue to use it. The left cabinet door caught the slide and was ripped completely off the hinges. I have been able to fix the hinges and door and reattach it. However, does anybody know or have a recommendation on how to latch these cabinet doors closed so they don't come open during transport?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
clayadam is offline   Reply With Quote