Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2013, 07:31 AM   #1

All slides on one switch

I had such a great response on my first post I am making another. All four slides on my Sandpiper 376BHOK are on one button. Their are several occasion when I only want to slide out the living room slide and leave the other three retracted. Anyone have a recommended solution? Hook a chain to the frame to keep it in? Valves on the hydronic lines? Couple of big dudes to hold them on?
Simpso13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpso13 View Post
I had such a great response on my first post I am making another. All four slides on my Sandpiper 376BHOK are on one button. Their are several occasion when I only want to slide out the living room slide and leave the other three retracted. Anyone have a recommended solution? Hook a chain to the frame to keep it in? Valves on the hydronic lines? Couple of big dudes to hold them on?
I don't have an answer for you, but I've never heard of such a thing. What if you were in a position where you CAN'T have all the slides out at once...say one would hit a tree if you opened it?

Are there blank spaces in the switch panel where you could put in additional switches and have one switch wired for each slide? I'm guessing each slide has its own motor?
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #3

No extra slots for extra switches available. I am truly puzzled on this one. It is convenient to have one switch, but I would rather have individual ones.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
Mod free 5er

Quote:
No extra slots for extra switches available. I am truly puzzled on this one. It is convenient to have one switch, but I would rather have individual ones.
Are the slide mechanisms themselves hyd or elec. motor driven?
Old 07-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #5

Our Blue Ridge has only one switch inside for all slides, however in the compartment with the hydraulic pump there are shut offs for each individual slide. That way you can operate only the ones you want.
2015 Ford F250 4X4, 6.7 PSD
Pullrite Slider Hitch
jonandjolene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
Always Learning

Quote:
The times that I've heard about this - the slides were hydraulic. I think there was talk about adding switches to control which slides. Still can't do anything about the order of the slides short of controlling which ones you flip, but it would let you choose an individual slide to control.

Unfortunately, that's literally the extent of what I know about it...
Old 07-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post

Are the slide mechanisms themselves hyd or elec. motor driven?
All Hydrolic
Old 07-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonandjolene View Post
Our Blue Ridge has only one switch inside for all slides, however in the compartment with the hydraulic pump there are shut offs for each individual slide. That way you can operate only the ones you want.
x2
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #9

New member here and new Sandpiper owner. We just picked up our new (used) 2010 345RET last week down in Tampa. My wife is not a technical person at all, but one of her first comments was that it was weird that all the slides operate on one switch and what if you only want to put out one slide. In any case, I'm gonna look at my hydro's later today and see if mine has the valves. That would solve the problem if push comes to shove. I'm guessing that a one switch design saved Forest River some $ on costs, so that's how they built it. We came from a 30' Flagstaff (that we loved) and feel like we have died and gone to Heaven in the 38 footer.
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Most likely, all the slides are tee'd off of one set of lines going to the back, as is my Sierra. My master bedroom slide always moves first, then it's a toss up as to which order the remaining 3 will go out or retract.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
Most likely, all the slides are tee'd off of one set of lines going to the back, as is my Sierra. My master bedroom slide always moves first, then it's a toss up as to which order the remaining 3 will go out or retract.
I think they are all in one loop. It appears that the slide with the least resistance goes first. If I am on an angle the slide going down hill slides first with the rest that follow. The kitchen slide is always last since it has the most weight. I have a call into Forest River. I hope they have some idea of what to do. It would be great to be able to just install a few valves in the front.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #12
B47

Not sure on your model, but our Silverback 29rk FW which has two slides, is equipped with two knobs in the water servicing compartment which allows you to isolate one slide or the other from activating. Our slides are hydraulically operated.

I agree with what's in post# 5.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #13
Site Team

I had a 2-slideout wildcat previously that operated both slides on one switch. It was hydraulic and the only adjustment i could do was to turn two little thumb wheels at the hydraulic pump to allow one slide to get pushed out before the other. By opening one line more than the other it allowed a little control, but I wished it had separate switches like my rockwood has.
Wish I had more info for you.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #14

Hi,

We have a 2013 sandpiper 365saq which we factory ordered. We were given the option of a lockout switch for all the slides. Otherwise each slide would have the option of being locked out from sliding when the master switch us pressed. Not exactly sure but think it was somewhere around a $250 option. We did not get it but could see where it could be handy. Yes it does seem like this is a hydraulic slide feature. All going on one switch that is. Anyone I know with electric slides have individual switches and our friends with a Keystone Alpine with hydraulic system are on one switch also.
So it is available but off course at a price.
5erDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #15
Dallas Texas

I take it that you don't have a valve for each room. I also have one switch but can close a particluar valve for each room. On top of the pump is are 3 valves.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02415.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	35976  
Old 07-25-2013, 10:53 PM   #16

I posted this trick in this forum for someone else, my wife and I have to use it from time to time as well. We have a 2012 365SAQ. When we're parked on the street loading up, we want the 3 slides on the driver side out, but not the 1 on the passenger side so cars can still get down our residential street. Forest River tech gave me the idea. The sides work one by one easiest to hardest. I have my wife hold the switch to put the slides out and I go stand up with my back against the slide I don't want to move putting my whole body as pressure. Works like a charm.

If anyone has done the lazy man power awning, I'm sure the same keyfob and relays would work perfectly for the slides (been thinking about doing that mod for my slides) so you could have the option of putting the slides out while watching trees, electric posts, etc... OR while standing against a side so it doesn't operate.

Good luck, I know you will find this trick easy, but I hope at the same time it accomplishes what you wish.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #17
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Our 2012 365 came with a full remote for awning, slides, landing gear, rear stabs, and scare light.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #18

I just talked with the tech at Lippert (Lippert Components, Inc) about the hydraulic slides on our 2010 Sandpiper 345RET which offers no control of the slides. He informed me that Lippert makes IRC kits (Independent Room Control) for hydraulic systems. They cost $250-300 depending on how many slides you have. The kit comes with the valve assembly and fittings. You supply the required tubing. Here's the link to the 3 slide IRC in Lippert's online store.
Lippert Components RV Parts and Accessories|Hydraulic Slide and Leveling Components
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote