Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #1

Exclamation Dometic 9100 awning won't retract

Hi

Extended the awning today and then went to retract and all I get is a clicking sound.

I see there is a recall on this model and my manufacture date was march 2013 and serial number is within the recall range. Makes me think I am affected

But is there something else ? Checked fuse and it is good. I will have to manually retract but wanted to see if I missed something.
tromler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #2

Sounds like the recall problem exactly. They really don't want you to drive it like that. Any way you could leave it at the campground until they can get a tech out to repair it?

If you do manually retract it, make sure you lock it in somehow. It won't stay rolled up and would unfurl rolling down the highway which, as you can imagine, would be a disaster!
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I can't leave it here as I am a distance from home. Is there any harm done by manually retracting? I will secure it closed.
tromler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #4
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by tromler View Post
Thanks for the reply. I can't leave it here as I am a distance from home. Is there any harm done by manually retracting? I will secure it closed.
Just don't think that securing the arms will do it, the roller itself has to be secured in a manner in which IT CANNOT ROLL.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:45 AM   #5

Actually I had mine "break" in Alabama. Manually rolled it in, secured with zip ties and drove 4500 miles to alaska with no problems.
Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #6

Not sure what model our awning is, but it did the same thing on us. Luckily it was in our driveway. It was the motor. In fact, the motor fell apart into pieces when the repair tech guy went to pull it out to replace it.
mtschneid is offline   Reply With Quote