Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2017, 02:59 PM   #1

Lippert jacks popping

Well long story short, my lippert jacks are still popping from day one. It was frequent and violent and always when the temperature changes. First camping season I was told to add hydraulic additive to the fluid tank. I added the CAT additive and cycled the slides and jacks many time and that didn't work.

The dealer had it over the next winter to do warranty work. So the replaced the entire hydraulic fluid with new stuff and CAT additive. The next camping season they still popped but not as bad and was only a few times in the night.

Here we are into summer number three and once again the jacks are popping the same as in the first season. Anyone else having the same issue that is reoccurring?
seanrohatyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 04:42 PM   #2
Just as confused as you

Popping is a sign of the seals being tight. Once the seals start wearing the popping will stop. Then eventually you will notice seeping oil on the shaft.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:41 AM   #3

your hydraulic system has various valves designed to regulate and control the pressure in your system the valves seal with metal to metal contact usually held closed with a spring. the noise you hear is simply the valves regulating the system pressure changes caused by temperature and or load changes. this noise is what you get when the valves unseat. the band aid is the additive the cure is better machining of the valve surfaces and the design of the system.
lbrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:59 PM   #4

We had this problem. I found this lip sheet (lippert's version of a tsb) in our systems at work. 1 bottle fixed our popping issue. 0295.pdf
spaach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:55 PM   #5

I did the stiction fluid and still had some popping. Once I added my RV Snap Pads it's now stopped.

https://rvsnappad.com
2013 Cardinal 3030RLS - sold
jtaylor1920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:11 AM   #6

Well...... talked to the dealer. They said they are still talking to lippert. Wondering if I got the Monday / Friday camper. Popping is still unbelievabley loud and shakes the camper. Not impressed.
seanrohatyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks