Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #21
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I could only suspect the china men were hung over the day the assembled them

Do you suppose they could pull one out and see what number bulb is in them now?
Here we go blame China, FR orders the lights and installs them and they should be making sure that they get what they ordered and not just installing whatever, I think this is the type of thing that shows a severe lack of Quality Control, imagine two fifteen inch wheels and two fourteen inch wheels being put on the same trailer on the line because that is what was derived to them, there is no excuse and what the OP has is dangerous too. Can you imagine a fire in this trailer now after all the complaints that the OP has made to FR and all the info posted on this forum, I read how wonderful FR was at the recent rally and that was great but they need to operate the same outside the box.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #22
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post

Here we go blame China, FR orders the lights and installs them and they should be making sure that they get what they ordered and not just installing whatever, I think this is the type of thing that shows a severe lack of Quality Control, imagine two fifteen inch wheels and two fourteen inch wheels being put on the same trailer on the line because that is what was derived to them, there is no excuse and what the OP has is dangerous too. Can you imagine a fire in this trailer now after all the complaints that the OP has made to FR and all the info posted on this forum, I read how wonderful FR was at the recent rally and that was great but they need to operate the same outside the box.
Could you imagine taking apart thousands and thousands of light fixtures and then pulling double that in light bulbs to see if they are correct?
I think your statement is a little unreasonable.

If you'd actually take the time to do a factory tour you'd defiantly see they have great quality control.
So unless you have done so you cannot rant on fr's quality control.
There human to ....
I'm sure you've never made a mistake.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #23
DDC

Quote:
Could you imagine taking apart thousands and thousands of light fixtures and then pulling double that in light bulbs to see if they are correct?
I think your statement is a little unreasonable.

If you'd actually take the time to do a factory tour you'd defiantly see they have great quality control.
So unless you have done so you cannot rant on fr's quality control.
There human to ....
I'm sure you've never made a mistake.

Turbs
If you know about Q C you should also know that you do not do 100% checks unless a problem is constantly found in random checks. I've been in enough plants thanks, this persons complaint is not unique as we have witnessed in this post and the danger that it presents should have FR looking after them and making sure that bought in product is SAFE.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #24

Sandpiper lemon

Again, the quality control at Forest River stinks. Just to give you all an example, when we first tried to use the microwave, in our trailer, it didn't work. To make a long story short, they had installed it by screwing it into the studs above the microwave, but went through the motor to do so. Now, how dumb is that? That is just one example of the over 30 things we have had to contend with that should have been caught in QC.
The melted light fixtures, due to the wrong type of bulbs being installed is definitely a fire hazard and I intend to be sure if something happens to us, our kids take this to the Head Kahuna! along with a law suit.
braun62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The blame for the lights may not lie with Forest River. Having been in the plastic industry for over 30 years, I can tell you that plastic composites get changed constantly, along with the use of recycled materials. While forest river buys a product to install in their units(lights), they don't have any control over the materials being used to make those products. It's possible that you may have received units that included a composite that wasnt capable of handling the heat. While you're insisting that they change every light out to a different model, It's quite possible to have the exact model and bulb installed without ever having a problem. I'm sure if this was a widespread problem across every line(they all use the same fixtures), they would be investing alternatives.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #26
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
The blame for the lights may not lie with Forest River. Having been in the plastic industry for over 30 years, I can tell you that plastic composites get changed constantly, along with the use of recycled materials. While forest river buys a product to install in their units(lights), they don't have any control over the materials being used to make those products. It's possible that you may have received units that included a composite that wasnt capable of handling the heat. While you're insisting that they change every light out to a different model, It's quite possible to have the exact model and bulb installed without ever having a problem. I'm sure if this was a widespread problem across every line(they all use the same fixtures), they would be investing alternatives.
Yep
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #27

I feel for you sir and I hope you can have your problem worked out. I just purchased a 2014 cedar creek cottage 40 CCK. It has the LED's installed in it. I have a question for you. Aren't there any trees in your campground?
Ray B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:38 AM   #28

trees?

Some sites have trees, but most do not. Why do trees have anything to do with lights? Just curious.....
braun62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:51 AM   #29

Quote:

Turbs
mine must of been built at another facility, got more miles back and forth to the dealer then I have towed this thing camping. total 5 trips 70 miles one way to the dealer this summer and its goes back in 2 weeks again for something else.. delam sidewall, axles, propane regulators.

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #30

You posted a picture of your camper in a campground. I didn't see any trees on any of the sites. That's it.
Ray B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #31

I have the same burn marks on my 2001 jeep tail lights, thats come's from a loose connection from the bulb to the socket. There is such a thing as maintenance. These are bi-metal and will separate from heat. People need to check these things. Everyone blames FR. How old is your Trailer? It's not the wattage it is the socket. These are trailers that things work loose on from the bounce and eveything else. These bulbs are the same as auto motive, you are burning the connection that is not from wattage. Did you put a volt meter on the socket to find out how many volts you are getting, that will tell you everything.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote