Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #21
40 years trailering

In a word, no. Slide should not drag across the flooring.
terrystevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:08 AM   #22

My wife and I looked at a new 330rl yesterday. We found about 20 things wrong with it setting on the lot including the floor bubbling up. It sounds to me like forest river has some quality control problems. On the outside of the unit any extra caulk was just smeared on the side of the unit. Just think what gets thrown together that you can't see.
bignugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #23

Re. slide dragging

I have a 2013 saq that does the same thing. The main slide scratched the floor in 3 places. The dealer Im dealing with talked to a factory rep that said to extend the carpet. The dealer has been waiting for the carpet material from FR for over a month now. I can post pictures if it ever gets done.
rbcdp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #24

When and where is it rubbing? Mine rubs at the front towards the ent center at the last min when running the slide in. It does the same thing on both slides in the bunk house. The dealer said that fr said it is because the slide toppers put pressure on the slide when running in. We put a piece of hard linoleum in the bunkhouse. The living room was just left alone. The dealer also put extra rollers on the sliders and they didn't work. I would be interested to know how they are fixing yours.
chiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #25

Mine is scratching right in front of the ent center like yours and a wide section on the other end just in front of the bunk room door. I have not noticed any thing in the bunk room so far. They are putting carpet in the living room up to the vent in front of the ent center continuing straight across to the bunkroom door. i will post pics once its done
Old 03-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #26

Wow I guess that they know of the problem and this is their fix. Do u have slide toppers?
Old 03-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiro View Post
Is the slide suppose to rub on the floor???
My slide was rubbing the floor. Took it to the dealership and they adjusted my slide out now it does not rub the floor.
67redbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #28

Yes I do have slide toppers on all the 4 slides.. 67redbowtie Im assume it didn't scratch your linoleum. Mine was scratched a lot and very easy to see. I think that this must be a common issue. I have a friend that has a saq that did the same thing but they replaced the linoleum and is did the same thing even after adjustments.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbcdp98 View Post
Yes I do have slide toppers on all the 4 slides.. 67redbowtie Im assume it didn't scratch your linoleum. Mine was scratched a lot and very easy to see. I think that this must be a common issue. I have a friend that has a saq that did the same thing but they replaced the linoleum and is did the same thing even after adjustments.
Mine has carpet it was starting to make a groove in the carpet.
67redbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #30

My question would be, "how do slide toppers cause this to happen?" If you are talking about the weight of them, it is on opposite corners of the 'box' and should pick up on the front near the floor. If you are talking about the spring holding them in, the springs are not strong enough to cause that. To me, that doesn't add up. I haven't had mine open but a couple of times since Christmas but haven't noticed anything. Will take a look that is for sure!
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #31

Really thats great to here...We I hope I have no more issues once carpet is in. Not to get off subject but have any of you noticed the trim pulling away under the over hang. Mine pulls away about 1/8 inch when im hooked up and closes when weight is on the landing gear.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #32

I dont think is has anything to do with the slide toppers as well. I think the rollers are not rolling.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #33

Any updates on getting your slide adjusted or fixed rbcdp98. My dealer camper city in Buford ga states that the slides are hitting the floor because of the slide toppers. I called fr and they said no way take it to the dealer. Heading out tomorrow am.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #34

The dealer has adjusted the slide ans we are now waiting for the new carpet to come in. Since the adjustment i dont see any new scratches.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbcdp98 View Post
The dealer has adjusted the slide ans we are now waiting for the new carpet to come in. Since the adjustment i dont see any new scratches.
That is good to hear!
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
Old 04-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #36

I took mine into the dealer to have them replace a door that they have had for 5 months. Drove 2 hours to get it done. They also added two additional sewer valves, fixed the stove top from falling down and adjust the slide.
They ordered the wrong door! So no door fix.
They fixed the stove top!
They added the additional valves!
They Would not adjust the slide because they didn't want to scratch the floor. They said just take an extra piece of linoleum!
I am gonna call FR and get another dealer to adjust the slide. It should be very easy to do if you know what you are doing.
Funny thing. The dealer called and said they couldn't find an electric drill and wanted me to look in my rv. I found it in the sink in the kitchen. I got lucky cause it could have fallen on the floor and really messed it up. I think I will not go back to them again!
Golf medic what dealer do you use??
Old 04-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #37

Quote:
I took mine into the dealer to have them replace a door that they have had for 5 months. Drove 2 hours to get it done. They also added two additional sewer valves, fixed the stove top from falling down and adjust the slide.
They ordered the wrong door! So no door fix.
They fixed the stove top!
They added the additional valves!
They Would not adjust the slide because they didn't want to scratch the floor. They said just take an extra piece of linoleum!
I am gonna call FR and get another dealer to adjust the slide. It should be very easy to do if you know what you are doing.
Funny thing. The dealer called and said they couldn't find an electric drill and wanted me to look in my rv. I found it in the sink in the kitchen. I got lucky cause it could have fallen on the floor and really messed it up. I think I will not go back to them again!
Golf medic what dealer do you use??
Wow! Don must have not been there. I have had pretty good luck with that particular dealer. That is the dealer that I bought both of my Sandpipers from. The only other ones around close here are RVWorld of GA right off of I-85 near Hamilton Mill and Camping World in Oakwood. Both have told me in the past that they would do warranty work on the rig. Sorry you had such a bad experience there.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #38

Nope he was the one I was dealing with. Not very happy.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:48 AM   #39

Quote:
Nope he was the one I was dealing with. Not very happy.
I would try one of the others I mentioned. Camping World in Oakwood works on the Sierra line. One of the other forum members here takes his camper there.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #40

Chiro I know it doesn't make things better but it's not any better here in Pa. The dealer we bought ours from has a great attitude on the phone then after waiting 3 weeks for an update the list of repairs is incomplete and the repair steps taken were all "no repair needed within industry standard." The real kick in the pants is when their response to what they did was "this is a mid level camper" this is the way these units are. WT? Well anyway this seems to be the new American way pass the buck and hope the next guy down the road picks up the slack.

Good Luck
Marc
93 F-250 XLT 4x4 Diesel Banks Sidewinder (gone but not forgotten)
79 Jeep CJ-7
77 F-250 Crew Cab Short Bed 4x4
supercab79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
365, 365 saq