Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2012, 11:11 PM   #1

Roof Top Antenna Problem

I just purchased a 2007 Sandpiper 29T travel trailer. I am trying to figure out how to get TV reception from the roof top antenna in the living area. There is a hookup in the bedroom with the booster button, but not in the living area. There is one antenna inlet that connects to either cable or my Directv antenna. There are two other inlets, but they are connected together with a cable so I am unsure what their function is. We live out in the sticks so I cannot get an over-the-air signal at this time. The brochue that came with the trailer is no help at all. It has a Concertone unit if that makes and difference. Thanks for any help.

Flatlander
2007 Sandpiper 29T TT
2007 Dodge 5.9L SLT 4x4
Flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:06 AM   #2

The main connector for all coax coming into your unit will end at the power booster connector, you have only one power boost per ant.. You should have two coax coming into the area one for the bedroom tv the other for living room tv if you take a splitter connecting the two cables and the outlet from the power booster plate. To get air tv you will need power booster one. As you stated you are in the sticks so you may not get to many if any channels. As its a used unit its hard to say what the first owner did. If you have a plate on the outside of you unit to hook to park cable that cable will go to the back of your power boost wall plate. To use park cable you will need to turn off power boost. I now you have another problem are the tv's the new style or old? makes a big difference! Do you have to have Concertone on to get tv? Reason I asked is concertone will not work for digital tv service. I would pull the concertone out (i did in my unit) and remove all of the coax cables from concertone. I have found with tvs start with simple connecton to make sure things work then start to do the add on stuff.
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:06 AM   #3
Site Team - Lou

Yes, a 2007 may not have a digital TV. I was going through my camper last weekend and found 2 more analog to digital converters. They were 40 bucks each when I bought them. I was carrying them for situations where I might be able to help a fellow camper, but it appears most folks have already upgraded the televisions in their campers.

These converters will work in US and Canada, so if anyone is interested, let me know. I will send them to anyone who still needs them for shipping plus a few bucks for packaging. PM me
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #4

Thanks for the responses. I have a new flat screen I want to put in the trailer. I will see if your infromation will assist me in getting the TV working off the roof top once I get to an area where I can get a signal.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #5

TV Anchor

The TV station in our 07 29T Sandpiper is recessed. Does anyone have a solution for anchoring the TV. I am not excited about removing the TV each time we break camp and tossing it on the bed. I do not think the back wall has enough support to mount a flat screen mounting bracket.

Tags
antenna