Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #1

Sandpiper 366FL

My husband are looking at buying the sandpiper 366FL to live in full time while he is on the road. We are looking at buying it from RVwholesalers.com. It will be about a 25 hour drive for us one way to get it from them but we would be saving thousands compared to the dealers around here. There are only 2 that could even get the sandpiper 366fl in and we have to pay for it before they get it on the lot. Does anyone have any reviews of this fifth wheel or opinions. Thanks!!
avwbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by avwbug
My husband are looking at buying the sandpiper 366FL to live in full time while he is on the road. We are looking at buying it from RVwholesalers.com. It will be about a 25 hour drive for us one way to get it from them but we would be saving thousands compared to the dealers around here. There are only 2 that could even get the sandpiper 366fl in and we have to pay for it before they get it on the lot. Does anyone have any reviews of this fifth wheel or opinions. Thanks!!
First of all welcome to the forum.

Second be very careful when buying soooooo far from home base as your local dealer may shun you away ( not sayIng Its rIght) when you need warranty work and you did not purchase from them.
You may also be put at the bottom of the list for warranty work.

All two often this happens and sometimes days after purchase.

Make sure your pdi is very in depth so you don't miss anything

Ultimately you have to decide if the (thousands) saved is worth the trip your going to "maybe" miss because your local dealer says they can't look at it for 3 weeks.

Ron
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #3

My dealer came within a couple hundred of all the "net" dealers on our 365 saq.
karznromz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #4

We bought our 366FL last week and our dealer came close to the wholesalers price. I really did not want to drive out of state to make such a large purchase and I am also a big proponent of buying local for everything. We are taking our first trip this week and look forward too all of the room this f'r provides. Our dealer was great with our PDI and I have gone over every inch of the unit over the last two days and cannot find one problem. I think this will be a great unit. Best of luck.
Halmfamily is offline   Reply With Quote