Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2016, 04:09 PM   #1

Septic smell inside unit when draining tanks

Our new 381RBOK kept smelling every time I emptied the black tank. Also with the gray tanks. So while at the Sandpiper plant for the A/C and Steps fix, I mentioned the issue. Of course we did the normal replacement of the vents etc... but the plant manager at Sandpiper said they found an issue during the building of the units that caused the vent pipes which exiting the roof to be pushed all the way down into the bottom of the tanks. Thus the vents were not working being on the bottom. A worker quickly lifted and secured the pipes and the fix worked. The plant manager reports that they have now changed suppliers of part of the assembly and the new parts will keep this issue from happening in the future. If you have not had your pipes raised, I suggest you do if you still have the smell. We cannot tell you how nice it is to have a good relationship with the folks at Sandpiper. They are awesome. We hope this is a help to others.
jhauptst is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, tank