Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2020, 05:00 PM   #1

Exclamation Shower unit defective?

2018 Sandpiper 377FLIK. Purchased new 12/1/18, used about 6 months total. Turned in many warranty issues list starting 7/29/19, and the 2nd repair clinic just now getting some of the items repaired. I emailed the 2nd clinic on 12/24/19 pics of shower. I noticed the crack in the shower about Aug 2019. Spoke with 1st repair clinic about shower issue after initial submission of repairs, but they failed to add to list of repairs.
Bottom of shower started splitting where the seat form meets the bottom of the shower. Shower seat is very hard and the bottom of the floor is not hard. This is where you step into the tub so I can see why this area would fail overtime given the different materials. Forest River is giving me the part to replace the bottom half since my warranty just ran out, but will not pay for labor for repair, which is about $1,300, since I emailed the pics after 12/1/19. I inquired if there was just a regular shower bottom without the seat so I wouldn't have the same issue again, but was told no.
Inquiring if anyone else has had this issue as I was told by Forest River warranty that it has never been an issue, that maybe that particular part was faulty.
I don't want to pay for labor when I think the part will fail again.
Anyone else had this problem?

Thank you for your time!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image001.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	223187   Click image for larger version

Name:	image002.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	223188  
tiffanyweaver93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:14 AM   #2

Ours was really soft and flexed a lot. One of the times ours was returned to the factory they rebuilt the area underneath. It has much more support now and doesn’t flex. If I was guessing your issue is a lack of bracing when it was built.
2019 Sandpiper FLOK
Tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:48 AM   #3

Thank you so much for your reply; never thought of that. First time owner. I will call the warranty guy back at Forest River, Judd. I'm really hoping FR does the right thing. I've been an insurance adjuster for years and know there is something wrong. Just scared to take anything apart and then FR doesn't do anything to help!
tiffanyweaver93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:50 AM   #4

I worked with Judd and Morgan personally on my unit. They were great to me. My brother is working through issues in his also with Judd. I have been very happy with their service.
2019 Sandpiper FLOK
Tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 10:09 AM   #5
Site Team

If the shower floor is raised, this can happen ad many times there is minimal support under it especially if larger adults use the shower. I removed the access panel on the base of the shower and used blocks of treated wood and shims to add additional support and it made a big difference.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show, shower