Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2007, 03:47 PM   #1

Angry Water leak

Hello all, I have an 06 Sandpiper 301BHD. I had a water leak into the street/drivers side last year while driving in the rain that the dealer "fixed" . We took a trip a couple weeks ago and again it leaked while driving home. We store the camper outdoors all winter in an open field with no problems. Now the dealer is saying that I am out of warranty I think the problem could be with the slide since it only leaks when driving (poss. wind press. pushing water in). Does anyone have any experiences like this. Yes I will push the issue with Forest River
Billyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:05 PM   #2

I was just out at the camper looking at the superslide and noticed that the gap on the leading edge is larger than the bunk slide leading edge. I also noticed the gasket doesn't compress, as well as a small spot at the bottom of the same leading edge gasket that had pulled away from the shell. When I peeled off the gasket to expose the base that it attaches to it was missing sealant/adheasive in a couple of spots as well as the staples that help hold the base. I sealed and stapled now I will let it set and water test this weekend. I have a good feeling about the fix because I think the water is being pushed in which would have te be the leading edge.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:08 AM   #3

So how did your test go? Did your fix work?

greg
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:51 AM   #4

Well I think I got it I was spraying the outside with the slide closed trying to simulate a towing condition and she's still dry . I still have to adj. the stop on the slide to come in tighter and then I will be confident with the fix. Hope to see yall at the CGs
Old 05-07-2007, 06:53 PM   #5

so after the adjustment you just gotta find a rain storm to test in right??
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:30 PM   #6

My trailer is like your 302BHD and I have noticed that when towing in the rain the floor just behind the slide opening in the main parts of the trailer was wet. I found that I could stick my hand through the seals in the back underside of the slide when it was closed. I have not figured out a fix yet, but I am working on it.
SwensonBarrettBunch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sandpiper