Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2016, 03:23 PM   #1

When buying new....

As mentioned in another thread, we purchased a 376BHOK. We will be picking it up on Feb 20. I am trying to make sure I know everything that should be included with the unit.

I see on FRs site that hose should be included with the spray ports, and that got me to thinking. What else should be included that you normally would not see when looking at them on the lot.

Any help? Hoses, cords, manuals, etc....

Not our first RV, just our first brand new one and our first non motorized....

Thanks!
head gamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 03:57 PM   #2

Water filter, verify all remotes for TV's. Should have a big stack of manuals. Ask about FR second year warranty also.

Congrats and good luck.

Camp on.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:09 PM   #3

Congrats on purchase. Should include shore power cable, list from the factory of all models and serial numbers of vendor items that was built in or added to your rig. And make sure the list is legible, meaning you and the person doing pdi can read it. Sometimes factory folks in a hurry and they scribble the numbers and models down. Check for wrench for manually lowering the spare tire.
Since you have purchased rv's you know the rest of a good pdi on you unit. Don't let them rush you. Ask questions and make them answer so you understand completely.

Dave
Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:40 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

You may have 2 spray ports (my Sierra did) but will only get one hose and nozzle. Have them show you where the autosetting circuit breaker is for the landing gear and slideouts, history shows you will need this! Should be front storage near battery. Understand how to return slides should you lose power or pump failure. Not much else, that I can think of.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:20 PM   #5

Thanks for the info guys.

Only a few more days until we pick it up, and I have been doing allot of reading and looking.

One question that I have thought of is about "Linc". This seems to be a "cool" feature that was on all of the Heritage Glens that we looked at before moving to Sandpiper, but I haven't noticed it on the Sandpipers. While the Linc system probably offers some comforts and some headache, it got me thinking... Do the Sandpiper come with any kind of "Automation"? We decided on the 376BHOK due to the floor plan and known features that worked for u so lack a lack of these automated types of things isn't a big issue. Just curious if they exist. Can you control the awning from a key fob, etc.

Since we haven't done our PDI get, I am coming up with a list of things to look for and ask about. Mainly, just passing the time and looking at pictures of the rig!
Old 02-16-2016, 12:50 AM   #6

There is no automation that I know of, just the leveling system of your unit if equipped, make sure you understand your entertainment system and how everything functions, mine was over complicated with the sound bar and all. Like was said, fuses for hydraulic system, fridge functioning with invertor, water filter, hook it up and go. Beautiful unit you got, I'm a 365saq fan but friends have a 2012 Bhok with theater seating and it's pretty cool

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
jerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:00 AM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Not sure what the link system actually does, but my Sierra had its own remote for landing gear, stabilizers, awnings, slides, light.

AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:05 PM   #8

Once again... Thanks!

So does the Lipert Level Up now come standard with the wireless remote? In searching old threads it looks like it was introduced a few years back and in order to get it you had to upgrade the control box (several reported buying it on eBay).

As I said, we are happy with what we know we are getting.... Just passing the time thinking about the cool features I see people talking about and curious if they are included too.

Will know for sure at 9:30 Saturday morning!

2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Old 02-17-2016, 06:57 AM   #9

Hey, my lippert self leveling didn't come with a remote. By the time you press the auto level and plug your electrical cord in it will be pretty much done.

Like someone mentioned above. Check that your investor actually powers the fridge. Mine powered the microwave, the connection had been switched behind the recliners... I was able to fix it myself in about 1 hour... Other then that ours has been really good!
denali15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:30 AM   #10

My inverter powers the fridge, but it wasn't connected at the battery. Also have to switch the battery disconnect switch for it to come on. My water heater wasn't plugged in, so the elect side didn't work. The shower flooded my floor on the first use. No silicone was used around the door base. Had a burner supply tube disconnected on the stove. Think that about sums it up. And no I don't have a remote for landing gear either.
Mikele is offline   Reply With Quote