Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2020, 09:15 PM   #1

Wiring connection

I had a blowout on my 377flik on the door side. It shredded the wiring harness behind the wheel. Now I have no lights and it tells the truck the trailer is disconnected. I looked on another 377flik that there are only 2 bundles of wires in the harness. Does anyone have any idea which colors went together in each bundle or how I can find out?
wlrdchngr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 11:37 PM   #2

Hi. I asked my spokesman for a schematic when I bought my tt a few weeks ago. He said there isn't such a thing and that it just depends in who wired it that day. That being said. With your current situation I would think the factory could supply you with a point to point schematic that might lead you in the right direction.

I was the main electrical repair guy for my local Caterpillar dealer until i recently retired. If you buy a Power Probe, it would help you locate which wire is which. After using a volt meter to locate the ground wires, (remember to remove your bulbs or a hot wire will show up as a ground through the light bulb or LED) you could energize your hot wires and identify each circuit.

I bought my Power Probe a few years ago. It was the older model series 3 and was $60.

I hope this helps. I'm more of a doer than a teacher.
Biggerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 11:43 PM   #3

Also there is a tool that can be used to trace out individual circuits that would help you identify the wires that run from the front to the rear. Mine was a Fluke from Home Depot and wad $60. There are other brands available that do the same thing.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:47 PM   #4

Here is the wire tracer I have.

https://www.amazon.com/Fluke-Network.../dp/B000FTADX0
Old 05-18-2020, 12:01 AM   #5

Here is my circuit tracer

https://www.amazon.com/Fluke-Network.../dp/B000FTADX0
Old 05-18-2020, 12:05 AM   #6

Here is the power probe

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Probe-I...9778213&sr=8-3
Old 05-18-2020, 03:24 PM   #7

Thanks for all the input. Turns out I just looked at the opposite side and it had the same thing. White to white and green to green with one running light wire going to each color. All working fine now. Now to tackle the tin skirting and stuff. Luckily I have some left over from the factory from a blowout last year.
wlrdchngr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 07:24 PM   #8

Glad it was easy for you.

Tags
wiring