Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2018, 06:28 PM   #1

2001 Sierra Lite low point Drains. Help!!!!!HELP!!!!!!

Help help!!!! I have a 2001 Sierra Lite and I am not able to find where to open the low point drains. I can see the red and blue drains under the trailer, along with the drain plug from the main water tank, but there are no valves on them to open to drain: I have checked in every cabinet, by the water tank, by the outside water heater to no avail,. Any help would be appreciated.
Bigdale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:41 PM   #2

how are the ends of the drain tubes terminated? do they have a cap on them? if so you just screw off the cap. can you take a picture?
Old 05-29-2018, 06:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICKDOE View Post
how are the ends of the drain tubes terminated? do they have a cap on them? if so you just screw off the cap. can you take a picture?

No caps just tubes there. I tried to follow the lines back and there are just elbow with the lines coming down. I can’t take a pic my trailer is in storage now.
Old 05-29-2018, 07:49 PM   #4
Just as confused as you

I think some have valves above where the lines go through the floor. Inside a cabinet, under fridge, behind a bottom drawer. Just have to look around unless someone has an identical unit.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
I think some have valves above where the lines go through the floor. Inside a cabinet, under fridge, behind a bottom drawer. Just have to look around unless someone has an identical unit.

Thank you will scour inside the trailer. This is a bit ridiculous that I can’t find em. I know it will be totally a obvious when I do.[emoji58]
Old 05-30-2018, 04:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdale1 View Post
Thank you will scour inside the trailer. This is a bit ridiculous that I can’t find em. I know it will be totally a obvious when I do.[emoji58]
Not obvious. Maybe hidden by a panel. But will be very close to straight up from the hoses. Assuming you are looking at blue and red pipes.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:39 PM   #7

Yes looking at a red and blue pipe I will go to the trailer today and snap a pic
Old 05-30-2018, 01:46 PM   #8

Both my units have had the low point drain valves up inside the camper above or near where they come out underneath. This is almost always under a cabinet and behind a drawer. So start pulling drawers out and looking in there with your flashlight. Say a prayer of forgiveness because you will be cussing at the engineer that thought it was a good idea to design and put it there. Shortee arms might need to call a neighbor to help.
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 02:11 PM   #9

Lol!! I’ll get started!!!
Old 05-30-2018, 11:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh1957 View Post
Both my units have had the low point drain valves up inside the camper above or near where they come out underneath. This is almost always under a cabinet and behind a drawer. So start pulling drawers out and looking in there with your flashlight. Say a prayer of forgiveness because you will be cussing at the engineer that thought it was a good idea to design and put it there. Shortee arms might need to call a neighbor to help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2521.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	174037Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2518.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	174038

Thanks for the help everyone!!! I found them!! Next to the water pump under a piece of carpet cover the gaping hole they put there to house them. I also found the water shut off to the water heater in my search for these drain valves. I can sleep now.

Tags
drain, lite, sierra