Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2012, 04:54 PM   #1

2013 sierra 365 saq creak

Just bought a new 365 saq, I have a pretty good creak on the left side of the coach when taking the weight off the truck and on to the landing gear. Im wondering if anyone else has experienced this. This is my first 5th wheel so im not sure what is normal and what is not. thanks
rbcdp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Have not noticed any unusual noises coming from the frame, but depending on what kind of angle I'm at when unhitching, the hitch or axles may groan a bit. Does it make the noise when you hitch up to your truck also? Would think if it was frame related it would creak both ways.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #3

I do not notice it when loading it on to the truck. I do hear the noises you noted. This seems come from inside. The wall. The other side may make it too but my switches are on the left side. Thanks for the reply
Old 09-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbcdp98 View Post
I do not notice it when loading it on to the truck. I do hear the noises you noted. This seems come from inside. The wall. The other side may make it too but my switches are on the left side. Thanks for the reply
Have someone raise and lower the 5er with you on the other side(and inside) to see if you can hear it there. May need the dealer to hear it as well and have your concern documented.
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #5

Thanks I will do that. i called the factory and talked to Wane Biggler in the service department. He said that some creaks normal. I plan on having my dealer check it out next week. I have a good list of things that need fixing.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #6

I have the same trailer, picked it up in June, and I hear some creaking and groaning - nothing I was overly concerned about though. I am interested in what comes from your dealer's review of the problem. Also, if you don't mind I'm curious what your list of fixes includes. We had quite a few minor issues that needed to be fixed, and one safety issue that needed to be resolved. Just curious how your list matches up to mine, see if there is any consistency to the deficiencies. Thanks!

Nights Camped in 2015 -- 40
Nights Camped in 2016 -- 26
cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #7

reapirs

Thanks for that. Most of the repairs are minor adjustments, and some just stupid things that the dealer should have caught during the PDI. the one that sucked the most is the rear black water dump valve leaks leaving a surprise when you open the cover to connect the hose. Good thing we don't poop in our unit...lol The dealer said that we didn't have anything to worry about and to keep using it. until the end of the season.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbcdp98
Thanks for that. Most of the repairs are minor adjustments, and some just stupid things that the dealer should have caught during the PDI. the one that sucked the most is the rear black water dump valve leaks leaving a surprise when you open the cover to connect the hose. Good thing we don't poop in our unit...lol The dealer said that we didn't have anything to worry about and to keep using it. until the end of the season.
I seem to think we have the same issue with the tanks...both mine do...sounds like air pressure is released when i open the cap and get a small amount of black leak out.....not a steady leak but none the less
Old 09-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #9

I do not hear anything when I open my valve. I dropped a few of the self tapers that hold the underbelly up to gain access to the cable. I adjusted it and is ok now. I live in maine and only have about 6 - 7 trips before our season is over so I want to wait till the end to bring it in for repairs I can to my self.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #10

Update. The unit has been at the dealer now since October. The creak and flex that I have the factory rep said is normal. I disagree. I hoped they would take down the fiberglass under the over hang to inspect for posable frame issue but they would not. One other problem I have was my main slide scratched the floor. Forest River is having the dealer extend the carpet. This makes us happy because that was one thing we wanted was more carpet.

Tags
356saq, 365, 365 saq, frame, noise