Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2016, 06:51 PM   #1

2015 Sierra 34CK Fresh water tank level indicators

Hi guys and thanks in advance for any help.

We don't use our fresh water tank much. Only put enough water in to flush the toilet and wash your hands when traveling.
Recently I decided to fill it as a friend suggested. After the overflow had water coming out I when inside to check the level indicator and the lowest light lit but that was all. I've checked it several times since with the same result.

Any quick fixes or do I need to open the belly and check the tank level indicators?
Bryan V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:09 PM   #2

I just bought a 2017 Sierra 371REBH. I am currently using the water holding tank. Mine has a tank vent in the action area and I have noticed if I just turn the water on to fill the holding tank, it sprays water out as if it builds up an air bubble behind a small amount of water that gets in the vent tube. I discovered that if I blow air into the vent when I turn the fill hose on, It doesn't blow water out. You can also listen and if there is water in the vent it will chug. If you blow air into the vent, it doesn't chug but you can hear the water filling freely. Hope this helps!
Towe443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan V. View Post
Hi guys and thanks in advance for any help.

We don't use our fresh water tank much. Only put enough water in to flush the toilet and wash your hands when traveling.

Recently I decided to fill it as a friend suggested. After the overflow had water coming out I when inside to check the level indicator and the lowest light lit but that was all. I've checked it several times since with the same result.

Any quick fixes or do I need to open the belly and check the tank level indicators?

Look at the sensor setup. These plug on at different levels of the tank. My black tank Forest River didnt hook up the ground side.

This might be the case for you as well. My wireing was green for the ground which is normally for ac not dc.
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 06:14 AM   #4

Thank you sir. I just got my camper back from service so I will check into that.
Bryan V. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, fresh water, tank, water, water tank