Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2016, 08:11 AM   #1
343Sierra

Angry 2017 343RSOK Issues

Hi,

I am new to the forum and was hoping to get some help/answers on our issues.
We purchased our unit in April (custom order), received it June 10th, had to take it back to our dealer two weeks later, number of days camped = zero. We are pretty frustrated at this point.

Our Air Conditioning needs warranty approval and replacement parts - Connectors and thermostat - how long does it usually take the manufacture to turn this around?

There was some issues with the protective coating around two of our windows and Forest River has advised our dealer that the windows need to be replaced? Does anyone know how long it usually takes FR to turn this around?

Lastly - anyone else having issues with their awnings? Already had the slide awning on the back drivers side replaced, it came lose as we where leaving the dealer. The larger 14' awning on the passenger side as started to come away from the unit, another replacement story - turn around on this?

Thanks for any help anyone can give. We love our new unit and just want to be able to use it.
cjtromb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 02:15 PM   #2
Half-Timer

A/C issue

I can only reply to the A/C connector issue. We took delivery on a 2017 Sierra 378FB in late May. The day we were leaving the dealer the Zone 1 AC quit. They found a fryed connector (Looked like a telephone cord double female connector but different wiring inside) in the main AC unit. Replaced it with a new one.

Next day the unit failed again which turned out to be yet another fryed connector (same one). I did get the zone 2 AC to work for the weekend and on Tuesday morning after Memorial day we drove back to the dealer (2 hours).

I had sent them a email regarding the troubleshooting process I had followed over the weekend. I arrived at their shop about 10AM and they had already been in touch with Dometic about the problem. They were in the process of taking a control board off another unit on the line. Within 2 hours of our arrival they had replaced the control board (in the unit on the roof), found the connector fryed and had taken another connector off yet another coach on their line. We sat in their lot with the AC running full force until 5 PM to determine it was fixed. Have not had any trouble with the units working since.

The control board they replaced was burning the connector wires giving a E1 error signal to the thermostat.

Starrs Trailer Sales, Brockway, Pennsylvania are great people to do business with. All during the repair process they communicated the problem and were quick to find ways (to the point of making 2 new 2017 5ers AC inoperable to fix mine) to fix it.

Not sure if you have the same problem but it sounds similiar.

Good luck.

SOB
ptylerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 05:05 PM   #3
343Sierra

Thank you

Thank you so much. I have forwarded this to my dealer. Hopefully we can get back on the road soon.
cjtromb is offline   Reply With Quote