Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2018, 11:12 AM   #1

2017 Sierra 384QBOK slide issues

I've posted before and no one answered so I'm giving it another try. The kitchen slide (where the refrig and stove are) doesn't go out as far on one side as the other. The result is the cabinet doors hit. At first they wouldn't open enough to pull out the bin drawers. Now they will but make marks on the door. The upper door hits causing a mark on the door. The dealer did some adjusting and when told it still wasn't right, put a bumper on the door! Our warranty will be up in February and we are getting beyond frustrated. This is not the only issue we are having but the main concern. Finally the dealer and another independent repair place have told us it's a design error. That the trim is too big! Granted the trim is thick and ornate but really??? Wouldn't Forest River check these things?? Has anyone had this issue. We are thinking we should contact FR directly for help. Has anyone done that with any success?
BTW, the repair shop also told us it's an optical illusion about the slide not going out equally on both sides!!
Follycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:33 PM   #2

There is plenty that Forest River doesn't check, believe me.
When they installed the bottom rail for my shower door, they installed it backwards so the drain holes were facing the bathroom floor. They only fixed it after I became a downright pain in the @$$.
I suggest that you do the same.
Oh yeah, and when you take your camper in to the dealer, make sure you keep your power cable, mine was stolen, and they didn't want to replace that either.
But, again, after I rose holy hell about it, they replaced it.
Good luck
Mcnet22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:44 PM   #3

Folly,it should be a simple "Tape Measure" move to credit or discredit what the Repair people said in regards to "Optical Illusion"! What is the measurement? Youroo!!
Old 01-16-2018, 08:13 PM   #4

My kitchen was slightly out of square as well. Only an inch or so but it was enough to drive me crazy. Dealer fixed it for me but the adjustment is very simple. Crawl up under the slide and you’ll exactly what needs to be done. There’s also videos on YouTube and some info in the owners manual that may help.
Tjburdette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 02:48 PM   #5

Does anyone have suggestions on documenting issues that were apparent when the camper was purchased, have been addressed repeatedly and not resolved. The one year warranty expires in February. AGGG...
Follycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:12 PM   #6

It's called raising hell with the owner of the place where you bought it from. If that doesn't work, threaten to get a lawyer, or expose the issues to the local news "on your side" or "I team" department.
Once they know that you are not playing games, it will get done.
Mcnet22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sierra, slide